Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the new spddan!

Smile Greetings from the new spddan!

Hello ADISC!

This is spddan, the newest addition to the staff team, a Safety Mod, to be precise. Many of you have already gotten the chance to know me over the past year or so, but many of you are probably still wondering "who's this guy?"

I decided that now that I am a member of the staff team, I should post a proper introduction, especially for the newer or returning members who have been gone for a long while. I already posted my member introduction when I first joined. It wasn't bad, but that's just it - it was a member introduction. As a new edition to site Staff, I feel I ought to offer you all a more thorough introduction and another chance to get to know me.

I also have written a Cheat Sheet Tutorial for introductions, so I think I'll loosely follow my own layout.

Who am I?

My name is Dan, and here's a bit about me.
    I am:
    • 22 years old (23 in December), and am a short red-headed guy
    • from Michigan, USA, born and raised.
    • a few months away (hopefully) from getting my Associate's Degree in Internet Professional (Web Development) at a community college.
    • working as a paid tutor at a writing center at the same school.
    • a major advocate for people who have Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). I have this hidden neurological disorder myself, hence my username: "spd"dan.
    • obsessed with all things hockey and Simpsons!
    • a Christian, which makes me a bit of a minority on the staff. Don't worry though, I'm not here to sell anyone on a religion. It is thoroughly a personal decision and journey.
    • currently running 3 other websites, including a forum for Sensory Processing Disorder modelled mildly after ADISC.
    • also running several Yahoo groups for the same purpose. I have at least 30 browser tabs open most of the time!
    • a former trombone player who wishes he could play other instruments.
    • a listener of 80s new wave music, in particular groups like Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, New Order, and U2.
    • also appreciative of most every other form of music out there.
    • a retro gamer! I have about 20 video game systems in my house.
    • at least 85% straight and 70% asexual (I prefer the spectrum/sliding scale approach, myself).
    • a writer. I have been published in a magazine and plan on writing, no matter where I am in this life.

As for personality, I am:
    • incredibly sympathetic, understanding, and kind-hearted.
    • a giver of advice when advice is due.
    • the proud owner of a very lame sense of humor!
    • a lover of all people.
    • a bit of a perfectionist and a meticulous sort of guy. Classic over achiever perhaps. :P
    • neurologically impaired! More of my condition than my personality, but SPD is pretty far reaching, and many of my symptoms are often confused with personality quirks.

What brought me here to ADISC?

It's quite simple: I love diapers and always have! I honestly can't remember a time where I wasn't in some way fixated upon them or even obsessed with them. For years I lived in denial and tried to hide this at all costs, completely misunderstanding the situation.

That's what it was for years though, just diapers. When I first discovered the *BDL community, I figured I was more of a diaper lover than an adult baby. Over the following few years, especially since joining ADISC, I have come to realize that I am also a definite AB. If you were to ask me now, I would likely confess that I'm an AB for the most part, but I won't deny the fetish components. I am not of the furry sort, though I definitely don't have a problem with it and find the artwork absolutely adorable!

When I first joined this site, I was looking for a good, free forum to go to where people were kind and supportive of others. I hadn't seen one yet, but I knew there had to be one somewhere. There had to be a place where regular 'normal' people could find support and understanding, pool together strategies and form friendships, without all the "plz diper meee" nonsense that has plagued much of the community. It was my dream come true to find this site.

My experience on ADISC thus far

I officially joined ADISC one August evening. As I was looking for a place where I might be accepted and where I might feel safe in the community, I didn't want to take any risks on joining a place where my personal security might be in doubt. I kind of lurked around as a visitor for a few days to get a good feel of how this community functions. I was simply amazed at how awesome it was, how much it fit my ideas of what a great *BDL site would look like. As soon as I had visited the maximum amount of pages a guest can view, the system auto-locked me out, so I decided to register.

I posted my introduction the following day, and immediately hopped in on the boards. (As a quick note to all newer members here: don't worry about your newbie mistakes, lol. I had several embarrassing moments and made a few newbie mistakes of my own on here! Sadly, we can't all be perfect.)

Once I had been here for a little while though, I became more at peace with who I am as an ABDL, and was able to be more supportive and feel like a real part of this community. I was a bit poetic at times, but never failed to have a very lame sense of humor!

As I continued to become more involved in this community, I really started to feel at home here. I began making some more sizeable contributions to the site. I made perhaps my first somewhat significant creative contribution in January of 2010, when I set up the Sleep In Diapers Friday (SIDF) Rewards Program. Much more recently, in response to comments about how a lot newbies were having trouble posting quality introductions, I decided many of them just simply didn't know how to write one that would help them get their feet in the door, so I built the Tutorial: 'Cheat Sheet' to a Great Introduction. Since then, I feel it's been a really good tool to help new people write a well-rounded introduction.

My focus as a member of the ADISC staff

I am what we call a Safety Mod, like Charlie and (formerly) Martin. As a Safety Mod, it will be part of my job description (the biggest part) to make sure I do whatever I can within my power to keep this forum as safe as possible for everyone on here. This means I will be keeping an open, watchful eye on the site and its content to help insure the safety of all of its members.

I joined ADISC because it was the only site I truly felt safe and comfortable at, and one of the biggest reasons for that is because of the staff members who have worked hard at keeping the site as safe and clean as it is now. It is my hope that I am able to, through hard work and dedication, do as well as they have at continuing to uphold the generally secure atmosphere people experience here.

I will also be helping out as an op in the ADISC IRC chat channel. You will likely see me active throughout the site as I always have been, for the most part. For now though, my focus turns to my task of working to help keep all this site safe. If you have seen anything that you feel needs to be dealt with or may be a threat to you or someone else's safety, please do not hesitate to contact me or another staff member.

I am new to the staff, but not quite new to the site or to online community leadership/staff. I am here on ADISC because I firmly believe it is by far the best diaper related site on the web. Hands down. I volunteered for this position because I wanted to give back to this awesome community that has done so much for me.

I want to lead by example and be a consistent friendly face here, much like the other moderators are. Most of all, I know this site has a ton of amazing contributors, and that this site can continue to remain fresh, interesting, and inspiring, so long as there is motivation. I want to be an encourager as well.

I also have become quite a big fan of emoticons!

Contact Me

Anytime about anything, honestly. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible and help you, or at least send you in the right direction. Shoot me a Private Message (PM) or find me in the chat room. Essentially, I will be around! If you ever need to contact the staff about anything, especially if you feel it places your safety at risk, you can also reach me and the other staff members at any time by writing us a message in the Requests Forum.

I think that's about it... finally!
    Oh, and for being here and reading this far, have a free cyber hug!!!
    I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
    - spddan

*huggles* Cool to see a re-intro, :3 I should write one still for another site X3

Good luck / have fun being a mod. I know the pains of being a mod in general, can't imagine it being for a fetish site.

Hello and good luck!

Now, allow my to greet you like a respectable japanese teenager....

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9505/havinmywaywithyea.png

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    You forgot to mention that you are a pun-isher.
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7228/pinkpantherh.jpg

A new Fursona is in order?

Nice re-intro spddan! I'm a bit obsessed with all things hockey and Simpsons too, but you probably already knew that. Not that it is hard to figure out either, all you have to do is look at my avatar and profile pictures.

Best of luck with your new staff position! I know you'll make a great Safety Mod!

If you don't me asking how does your sensory processig disorder affect you? I have trouble filtering sounds, and fousing on one sound.

This introduction. Even if it is a reintroduction. It's just, so beautiful! If I had the ability I would cry.
    I have one Japanese phrase for you.
    がんばって。

[auto-reply to introductions]

Welcome to ADISC!

May I suggest you read this cheat sheet to a great introduction, written by one of the mods here?

[/auto-reply to introductions]
    Wait a minute...this is a great (re-)introduction...written by the author of the cheat sheet. *kicks auto-reply for goofing up*

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Incredibly sympathetic, understanding, and kind-hearted.
    A giver of advice when advice is due.
    I certainly hope your staff duties won't keep you too busy to do so. I've always found your posts full of advice, yet with a touch of humor...

The proud owner of a very lame sense of humor!
    ...which never fails to crack me up.

Sadly, we can't all be perfect.
    And there's that sense of humor.

I am new to the staff, but not quite new to the site or to online community leadership/staff. I am here on ADISC because I firmly believe it is by far the best diaper related site on the web. Hands down. I volunteered for this position because I wanted to give back to this awesome community that has done so much for me.

I want to lead by example and be a consistent friendly face here, much like the other moderators are. Most of all, I know this site has a ton of amazing contributors, and that this site can continue to remain fresh, interesting, and inspiring, so long as there is motivation. I want to be an encourager as well.
    I'm sure you'll do a great job as a moderator. Yet again, congratulations!

Khaymen walks into the room and slowly looks spddan up and down. He pauses for a minute in careful reflection.

"Looks like the same guy in one of those new fangled nutrition labeled boxes to me."

He then walks away muttering, "Been eating Grape Nuts cereal for nearly 30 years, they can change the box all they want but it is still the same blasted nut!"