Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now, here is a big question......

Default Now, here is a big question......

Are you content with yourself, and where you are in your life?

I think everybody here knows my answer to this question by now.

To those who aren't there, I do hope you find that place within yourself eventually.

To those who are there, congratulations.

I will never be there. Life is never that black and white. There'll always be something to strive for, something to achieve, something causing me stress or worry and there'll always be something or someone to love or be friends with.

It's all a part of the complicated position of Modern Adulthood, and everything that comes with.

Hmmm...overall, yes. I hate the line of work I'm in (truck driving), but working for a quality company where I can make six figures a year helps.

Within the last six months, all the pieces fell into place. My wife and I got re-married (long story), she graduated nursing school and got a good job, and I started working for a union company again. We are...very comfortable, driving brand-new cars, and happy. Having a kid will be the last bit. Should be fun.

Yeah, I hate being away from home, but making all this money will allow us to invest in something hopefully lucrative enough that we won't need me to have this job anymore. Then life will be perfect. I'll give my life an A-.

My goal in life is to be a surgeon. I don't know if I'll ever reach it. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I will never be there. Life is never that black and white. There'll always be something to strive for, something to achieve, something causing me stress or worry and there'll always be something or someone to love or be friends with.

It's all a part of the complicated position of Modern Adulthood, and everything that comes with.
    agreed

BernardFx

Nope. My dream is so far away, yet, I know I can make it come true. And I know exactly how I'm gonna make it, it's just a matter of acquiring age, experience and knowledge.

I'm happy of who I am right now, but I'm not happy at the same time. The first step, I think, would be to resolve the conflicts I have with myself. And that will take some time.

No. I will be fair by noting that there are some good things in my life, but basically... my life just sucks.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 19-Nov-2010 at 10:43.

I'm a man of simple pleasures, alcohol, unhealthy food, movies, computer games, a good book, surfing the net, chilling with friends, watching soccer, occasional sex. Somebody must have removed the part of my brain that generates ambition, because I don't understand all these lofty goals like wanting to become a surgeon or some bigshot corporate chairman. I wouldn't say I'm exactly where I want to be in life, a boyfriend and some more money maybe? But I by no means wake up feeling unsatisfied.

Well I got into the university I wanted to study the course I want, I'm enjoying it and have made some good friends so for the moment I am very happy and contented.