Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The History of ABDLism

Default The History of ABDLism

Here's something I've been wondering: how far back in history does the occurrence of ABDL and related tendencies stretch? Has it always been around in some form or is it largely a more recent phenomenon? Of course, the love of "diapers" as such can only go as far back as the invention of the diaper, but I wonder if there weren't people running about in the Greco-Roman period who were unusually found of being cared for like a child.

Bittergrey's research (which can be found here) suggests that there was boom around the 80's, and that prior to the 80's, the number of ABDLs was far lower. In fact, there were nearly no ABDL's reported in the study who were born earlier than 1940 (but then again, how many 70+ year olds are perusing the internet for ABDL sites?).

If nothing else, ABDLism seems to have gone under the historical radar, much in the same way that it seems to have largely gone under the medical radar. The internet really has made way for the relative proliferation of the ABDL awareness that we now have. So maybe there were ABDLs even back into the 19th century, but we've no way of finding out about them.

Thoughts? Maybe someone who's better versed in history can chime in. I just think it would be cool to find out that even long ago, there were people like us indulging the same interests.

There were cases of non-paraphillia infantillism in Roman times. Soldiers that worked in cities that were injured were cared by their families. During this time they lived as if a baby, and could not walk, feed themselves, and, from my research, also wore nappies. I've only found one report that even mentioned it, and I would not consider it a solid source, but an interesting concept none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    There were cases of non-paraphillia infantillism in Roman times. Soldiers that worked in cities that were injured were cared by their families. During this time they lived as if a baby, and could not walk, feed themselves, and, from my research, also wore nappies. I've only found one report that even mentioned it, and I would not consider it a solid source, but an interesting concept none the less.
    Could you cite your source, I would be interested in reading that.

Interesting. I hope more people add to this, it would make for a very interesting read.

long ago... there were many diapers. ONE DIAPER could rule them all though... And Soron took it! O_O

Nah, but seriously. I have NO IDEA how far back it started. But, it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

ABDLism has a fascinating and rich history, stretching back to the prehistoric hunter-gatherers who created the first adult diapers out of moss and animal skins, through to the Egyptian Pharoah Deekhotep, who commanded that all boys in the land wear diapers and be changed by their close female relatives. The notoriously hedonistic Roman Emperor Elagabalus was rumoured to hide a piss-soaked mass of cloth under his toga.

"And Saint Attila raised the soiled diaper up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy soiled padding that with it Thou mayest throw stink upon enemies in Thy mercy."

"Pull thy tabs and count to 3"

::hides from the Monty Python fans::

Quote Originally Posted by 0x000017 View Post
    ABDLism has a fascinating and rich history, stretching back to the prehistoric hunter-gatherers who created the first adult diapers out of moss and animal skins, through to the Egyptian Pharoah Deekhotep, who commanded that all boys in the land wear diapers and be changed by their close female relatives. The notoriously hedonistic Roman Emperor Elagabalus was rumoured to hide a piss-soaked mass of cloth under his toga.
    That... made my day... XD

Quote Originally Posted by 0x000017 View Post
    LOL! that is hilarious!