Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DLism- is it genetic?

Lightbulb DLism- is it genetic?

Just something iv been wondering about for a awhile, i am a DL and was kinda wondering how i got that way.

I know people who are ABs are sometimes that way because they had to grow up to fast or soemthing along those lines/

However i am just a DL, and i have always just wanted to wear diapers, and there was really nothing tramatic in my life that would make me want to.

so my question is, do you think it could possible be gene linked? maybe someone in your family likes them too?

Discuss

Leonard

Don't count on it. You were probably too young to remember, but it usually is just exposure. Figure it this way, if there was a gene, and you were say born here and taken to another dimension, when you returned at the ripe age of 18, would you be attracted to diapers? probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    Don't count on it. You were probably too young to remember, but it usually is just exposure. Figure it this way, if there was a gene, and you were say born here and taken to another dimension, when you returned at the ripe age of 18, would you be attracted to diapers? probably not.
    i can see your point, but you wouldnt know if you liked them or not in the situation your proposing. You might once you figure out what they are.

also environment has been connected to gene expression

and im just trying to play devils advocate here

Genetic. Maybe. But not in the way you're thinking of it.

First I will acknowledge that no one is sure what causes Dl/AB/ectera, so this is all really speculation. A lot of people have mentioned past experiences as catalysts, or a tough life, or something of that sort. Also I'm no geneticist. Okay. That's clear then.

As per your question there is most defiantly not a 'gene' that triggers on, and off the love for diapers/and-or babyish things. The Reason for this is because in order for such a gene to exist it could only under the assumption we are pre programmed with knowledge of what diapers are. Since 'diapers' for lack of a better word didn't exist until a hundred and fifty years ago or thereabouts (I forget how long ago, correct me if you know) it's illogical and kind of silly to assume all humans are pre programmed with knowledge of diapers. Therefore it's safe to assume there is no directly linking gene that turns such a love on and off. Furthermore on that same point most AB/DL's experience the attraction differently, which would make no sense if there was a gene.

Now, it's possible their is an indirectly linking gene. Such as a gene that makes people more likely to respond positively to comforting stimuli. Not a gene that makes one likes diapers, but one that makes you respond positive to stimuli, that when combined with past experiences and such results in one liking diapers and or baby paraphernalia. So more of a nurture+nature that achieves the results, which could possible mean people in your family are more likely to be Ab/Dl's but not directly an on and off switch.

That's really just my assumption on the matter, given the fact it's (from personal, and anecdotal experiences) not a choice.

Countdown

I believe infantilism is most likely caused by an indirectly-linked gene (see MightBe's post above mine)--a combination of nature and nurture. You may have the gene, but if you haven't suffered any experiences that caused you to fall back onto comforting objects, like diapers, you probably won't be an infantilist. Likewise, you may have had a rough life, but if you don't have that gene, you probably aren't going to turn to diapers for comfort. That's just my opinion, and like MightBe said, there hasn't been any research done on the causes of infantilism, so this is all speculation.

Also, Orcaway, if I were you, I wouldn't necessarily say, "There was really nothing traumatic in my life." Oftentimes, we as human beings repress uncomfortable memories of traumatizing incidents. There's a lot of psychological evidence to support this. I don't know anything about your life, so I'm not saying there must have been a traumatic experience somewhere in your life; I'm just saying be aware that your mind may have repressed any memories of such an experience.

It's doubtful. If it were genetic, then maybe your parents or grandparents (Just thinking about that creeps me out) are AB/DL. I doubt that very much. I mean, it COULD happen! But I won't be swayed until AB/DLism becomes a huge part of society, and people start looking for the gene.

Hmm id definately have to agree with Leonard.. I remember wearing a diaper at age 8 and after that being hooked to the thought of wearing them all the time.. If it wasnt for that experience i probbably wouldnt like diapers this way :p

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    No, I wouldn't expect any attraction to diapers. However, I do think I'd have an attraction to one or more things from that other dimension and boy would shipping costs suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeru117 View Post
    It's doubtful. If it were genetic, then maybe your parents or grandparents...
    Then again, how would we know?

:-)

Leonard

i just reread my comment. the insanity behind it amuses me