View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think it is ok to have a caregiving figure and a bf/gf

5 35.71%
  • No I dont think it is ok. I think that a caregiver counts as you signifcant other

7 50.00%
  • I have both a daddy/mommy and a bf/gf

0 0%
  • I only have a daddy/mommy or a bf/gf

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider a daddy/mommy as a bf or gf?

Default Do you consider a daddy/mommy as a bf or gf?

I have been wondering if people consider their care givers as their significant others...I know of some people who have a boyfriend and a daddy and was wondering if other have a similar situation

MAJOR EDIT FOR THE POLL: babyfur is suppose to be Boyfriend I typed BF and it automatically changed it to BabyFur And It also change it in the title as well

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I have been wondering if people consider their care givers as their significant others...I know of some people who have a boyfriend and a daddy and was wondering if other have a similar situation

MAJOR EDIT FOR THE POLL: babyfur is suppose to be Boyfriend I typed BF and it automatically changed it to BabyFur And It also change it in the title as well
    Yeah...it's some new acroymn software. There's a topic in admin stuff on it...it doesn't seem to be well liked. :P

On topic: well, I don't have an *B/DL mommy or daddy, so I really don't have anything to say regarding the topic...lol.

crazykittensmile

I think it's okay to have a caregiver who is separate from your boyfriend and girlfriend if that's what you want. If I were in a relationship though I would not want a caregiver who wasn't my partner. Whilst being an AB isn't a sexual thing for me, and whilst I wouldn't want to mix sexual play with daddy/baby play, I still think the daddy/baby relationship should be an intimate thing, and sharing it with someone who loves and cares for me would be important to me. I wouldn't feel right having someone else care for me other than my partner were I in a relationship. Although if I were not in a relationship but had a very close platonic relationship with someone maybe I would feel okay having them care for me occasionally, but as soon as I were in a relationship it would feel wrong to me, like playing baby with someone else was cheating.

But if other people are in a relationship with one person and have another person as a caretaker then that's their choice - I certainly wouldn't say it's not okay. But it wouldn't feel right for me. As such I haven't made a choice on the poll, as none of the options really represented what I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I think it's okay to have a caregiver who is separate from your boyfriend and girlfriend if that's what you want. If I were in a relationship though I would not want a caregiver who wasn't my partner. Whilst being an AB isn't a sexual thing for me, and whilst I wouldn't want to mix sexual play with daddy/baby play, I still think the daddy/baby relationship should be an intimate thing, and sharing it with someone who loves and cares for me would be important to me. I wouldn't feel right having someone else care for me other than my partner were I in a relationship. Although if I were not in a relationship but had a very close platonic relationship with someone maybe I would feel okay having them care for me occasionally, but as soon as I were in a relationship it would feel wrong to me, like playing baby with someone else was cheating.
    You know I kinda feel the same way, it seems like being a baby to a daddy for me would come great responsibility that I stay loyal and faithful to only that one daddy, having a boyfriend on top of that would seem like I am having multiple daddys and would seem like a cheating type of thing for me I was just curious if anyone else does have a daddy/mommy figure and has also another person as their lover.

I don't know if it's because I have no problem with poly relationships, but I like a lot of people, so when I play with a caregiver, the next day I might play with another person. I have fun with more than one person, so I can't attach myself to just one. If the relationship isn't completely understood to be monogamous and your partner won't get hurt, I see no reason not to spread the love

Being honest ive always thought about meeting up with another diaper lover where i live that i know lives in the states. My girlfriend knows about my attraction to diapers and really understands it though and with that comes feelings of not wanting to meet up with another diaper lover who'd we'd switch off taking care of each other.. It really wouldnt feel right as i love my gal and I dont want to feel like im going away from her cause someone else will play with me.. Perhaps i am thinking too hard bout it yet at the same time the idea of doing that when in a relationship is a sticky one

I certainly don't think Amy would be impressed if she found out I had another "mummy" somewhere lol! I think if you are in a relationship then you should not be having another "caregiver" personally.

I didn't select anything on the poll, because I think it's entirely relative to the way the individuals involved construct the relationship. An AB, for example, could regard his ABism as nonsexual or even as a thing best kept separate from sexuality, and thus want both a caretaker and a separate SO. There could be an AB who thinks it rather sexual (or doesn't care if the two occasionally intertwine), who would want the same person to be both caretaker and SO. Or, an AB might specifically want a caretaker of the sex that they are not attracted to. Or, an AB might want the same person to be both, but logistical reasons make it impossible. There are many different ways the relationship between baby, caretaker, and SO can be construed. Your poll, on the other hand, asks us to take a firm stance one way or the other, that it is/is not ok to have a separate caretaker and SO.

Could go either way for me, I could see it being okay to have both, or just having one, depending on what happens. Personally I feel like it should just be one person that is your caretaker and bf/gf, obviously caretaker when you are little and bf/gf when you are being big :P.

I'm gong along with babyjess on this one, and it's just my opinion. I think if you have a loving and committed relationship with a boyfriend or girlfriend, bringing someone else in to that which is an intimate relationship would be complicated at the very least. After all, care giving involves diaper changes and thus nakedness with wiping, etc. If I was the boyfriend/girlfriend, I would not be happy with someone else in the middle of our relationship.