Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little nervous, but hope to fit in!

Default A little nervous, but hope to fit in!

Hi!

*waves*

Iím a little shy about posting in a larger forum, so please bear with me. Iím a college student and artist. Usually I lurk around the library or studio, and am a bit of an introvert- but I do know how to play! I generally prefer quiet, and can be a bit awkward about socialization at times. I volunteer at the local animal shelter, am a vegetarian, and like creating things. Iím also agnostic, but have Buddhist ideology (and not the fad sort of Buddhism that seems to be going around. The college crowd seems to be interested in that, since itís the thing to do. My religious views genuinely align most closely with zen Buddhism- but then Iím a college kid, so what do I know? And Iím positive that Iím not on the middle path right now.)

I was sort of nervous about joining ADISC but hope to fit in. Iím an adult baby of sorts... I have a preference of being about 3, so generally prefer goodnites over diapers- but do like being a bit younger on occasion.

I spend large amounts of time doing art, since thatís my main focus in life. (If my avatar shows up, thatís a section of a drawing I did a couple years ago- if it doesnít, then you have all just witnessed my lack of computer literacy.) I draw, paint, make lithographs, and engrave. Iím going to college, and really enjoy it. Iím a member of a feminist group on campus- but really I want equality for everyone, so itís not limited to just one group. The vast majority of my free time (after the numerous hours in the studio) goes to the animal shelter, and local domestic violence shelter. When Iím not doing that, I do write a little, and am actively participating in NaNoWriMo- although Iím only 10,000 and some words in. Considering the month is half over, Iím not going to finish, but am enjoying it all the same...

Iím mostly hear to nose around and read, since Iím shy, but wouldnít mind getting a bit of support. I want to maybe make a few online friends, and maybe chat with people, and be a part of the community, since I generally have a hard time fitting in anywhere.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to ADISC! Everyone here is really nice, and I'm sure you'll fit in fine. Your greeting was better than most I've seen on the site in a while, so congrats for that! Since I've joined, I've made tons of friends, some really good ones, so i'm sure you'll meet some as well. Listen, if you have any questions at all, just come and Visitor Message me. I'll try to help in any way I can, hence the name :3

NekoKane

Hey, welcome! You're introduction was really good, since most I've seen consist of "Hi, I liek diprs, and im hppy 2 jion ths forum :P."

So you're into art and writing? That's really cool, I'm actually a writer, too, and I'd like to become an author someday (I'm only a teen, so I don't know yet...). ^_^

You seem like you'll fit in really well here, and I wish you a fun time!

Thank you both! I'm glad and surprised to get that fast of a response!

I'm glad that it was a decent introduction. I was a little worried.

That's cool NekoKana. I wanted to be an author when I was younger, but mostly do it for fun now. It's still a little bit of a dream though- which is why I'm doing the writing month this year. I'm still not positive what I want to do with my life, and I'm 21. I think that's close to the norm now. My friends have all changed majors several times. (I've mostly stuck to one.)

Thank you again, and I'm glad you think I'll fit in.

Well, your avatar does show up...and wow, that is a good drawing. It looks very realistic, I must say. I used to dabble in art, but my high school didn't have much opinions in terms of art classes, so the last art class I took was freshmen year of high school.

oh, and great introduction, as too many people come here and post introductions solely consisting of "I like diapers, this brand and this brand. I like to do this and this in my diaper." I hope you find the support you're looking for and get involved in the community. I'm sure you'll fit in.

Thank you! It's an ink pen drawing also. I dabbled in art in highschool, but actually didn't have a great art program there. I was fully prepped to go into an entirely different area of study, but decided to go into art for college. It was difficult for the first year, since I didn't have the background, but it's surprising how much improvement can be made. What sort of art did you do?

I'm glad it was a decent introduction, and thanks for replying. You're definitely all very welcoming for such a large community!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
    Thank you! It's an ink pen drawing also. I dabbled in art in highschool, but actually didn't have a great art program there. I was fully prepped to go into an entirely different area of study, but decided to go into art for college. It was difficult for the first year, since I didn't have the background, but it's surprising how much improvement can be made. What sort of art did you do?

I'm glad it was a decent introduction, and thanks for replying. You're definitely all very welcoming for such a large community!
    It was a general art class, so there was a variety of stuff. Most of it was drawings, paintings, and other 1D stuff. It's been so long that I've forgotten most of what we did, although I have my sketchbook somewhere at home.

That's neat. Yeah. I prefer doing that sort of thing- drawings and paintings, since 3d art is out of my comfort zone.

Wow, another Buckeye among us. I think that Ohio must be the most represented state after Texas and California. (I lived in Ohio when I first joined, but then moved to Norway for a year and a half, now back to Texas.)

Oh, and as you are a college student, I hope I didn't offend by calling you a Buckeye. I meant the state, not the school. I, myself, am a University of Toledo alum. Go Rockets! (Though I am not so sure they know which way or where to go sometimes!) And yes, I agree, cool avatar.

Very cool! I had no idea that there were a lot of people from Ohio on here. It's also neat that you're in Texas right now. I'm thinking about going to to UT for grad school, but have a few other places I'm considering also, but that's in my top 5 list. Texas is a really great place, but I haven't been in a long while.

And thanks!