Thread: Why does Honda have to mess up their headlights?

Default Why does Honda have to mess up their headlights?

I have a '94 Accord LX which I just love. It usually treats me right and it has the largest straight 4 in any accord. However to change the headlights I had to take out the overflow radiator tank, the battery, the air filter and I had to remove a lot of wiring harnesses. All after a night of frame by frame editing 34 seconds of a fighting scene to have "hadoukin" or however you spell it like energy balls come from their hands, and to have them be different colors, to have the radiance beams animated and to have it all work with the footage provided. Sound easy still? Every 6 seconds, 180 pictures, took me about an hour.

I am so bloody tired, luckally diapered and *looks around* well drinking some cheap wine from Walmart. I have to be up to work in about 5 hours...Yeesh. It will be at least 30 min till I go to bed.

I am very glad though that I have edited the worst part of the movie now, the rest will be downhill. I usually though edit the worst part first. So that everything else seems less daunting.

Thank you for listening!

*hugs*

I have a 2011 Accord, and I would just pay people to replace parts on mine.

I'm betting there's an easier way to do what you did. It's not always obvious, especially with mid-90s japanese cars. Does the user manual say you need to do all that? Do you still have the user manual? If not, I'm betting you can find a download of it or the service manual if you do some googling.

I can't see *any* car needing the rad overflow tank and part of the wiring harness pulled just to replace headlight bulbs, or for that matter the entire headlight reflector assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cush View Post
    I'm betting there's an easier way to do what you did. It's not always obvious, especially with mid-90s japanese cars. Does the user manual say you need to do all that? Do you still have the user manual? If not, I'm betting you can find a download of it or the service manual if you do some googling.

I can't see *any* car needing the rad overflow tank and part of the wiring harness pulled just to replace headlight bulbs, or for that matter the entire headlight reflector assembly.
    In his defense, my 2006 Accord needed two headlights, and the driver's side was a BEAST. Had to remove the battery and a couple other minor things to get to the headlight.

That's how Honda keeps their vehicles so compact: everything's on top of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysLittleDefect View Post
    I have a '94 Accord LX which I just love. It usually treats me right and it has the largest straight 4 in any accord. However to change the headlights I had to take out the overflow radiator tank, the battery, the air filter and I had to remove a lot of wiring harnesses. All after a night of frame by frame editing 34 seconds of a fighting scene to have "hadoukin" or however you spell it like energy balls come from their hands, and to have them be different colors, to have the radiance beams animated and to have it all work with the footage provided. Sound easy still? Every 6 seconds, 180 pictures, took me about an hour.

I am so bloody tired, luckally diapered and *looks around* well drinking some cheap wine from Walmart. I have to be up to work in about 5 hours...Yeesh. It will be at least 30 min till I go to bed.

I am very glad though that I have edited the worst part of the movie now, the rest will be downhill. I usually though edit the worst part first. So that everything else seems less daunting.

Thank you for listening!

*hugs*
    I had a 1986 Honda Civic Si. First year that the "Si" designation came out. It was a wonderful car, but you very nearly had to remove the driver's seat to change spark plugs, if you see what I mean.

The master brake cylinder failed, and as it was positioned on top of the alternator (WHY??), the wires/insulation inside that got nailed by the caustic brake fluid. So one failure instantly became two.

Great cars, murderous to work on.

Yeah, it was a PITA to replace the radiator and a bunch of stuff on my uncles' Accod as well. However, it's worth it to do it yourself almost all the time, IMO.