Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grade 11, going to be awsome!!

Default Grade 11, going to be awsome!!

I've just received my courses for next year, and they are so awsome!!

English
    Math
    Religion
    Grade 12 College Chemistry <--- So jacked!
    Grade 10 graphic design
    Grade 11 graphic design
    Another pc course
    Media arts

Isn't this going to be the best year in my life?

All I ever hear here locally are people upset over the classes they have, mostly due to budget cuts. I am glad to hear someone is getting the classes they want

What kind of computer related art are you most into? I'm editing a low budget, satire sequel to a movie right now...getting a lot of tiny bits of video ready with timecode and japanese karaoke like subtitles for parts that need ADR. I've never been able to do computer pictures though, or draw, which is something I really wish that I could learn to do. When I was doing picture editing in school, it was all bitmap editing for tiny sprites. None of this fancy photoshop era stuff.

Gratz again on your classlist!

Only eight classes in a year? Lame (Either that, or Math and English are year long).

Anyway, out of curiosity, what kind of religion class is it? There wasn't any religion class offered at my school, so I'm kinda curious as to the kind of curriculum you have (is it a survey class or more of a Sunday school type class?). I'm also curious as to what kind of computer class you got (the most advance CS class I had at my school was a Flash class ). VB.net, maybe?

As a side-note, if you're interested in Chem shouldn't you take advance Bio and Physics classes too?

And as a further sidenote, its great that you got classes you actually care about. Nothing is more annoying that being stuck in a terrible class, especially in HS where you can't really drop a class...

Once back in high school my homeroom teacher was out sick, so a TA filled in for him. In a later period I was supposed to go up stairs to a ultra boring early US history class, while my homeroom teacher had a freaking marine biology class. So this day my friend tempts me into cutting my class and staying for marine biology. Yeah I know, I cut one class just to sit in on another and actually complete the work. The hardest part of the thing was working around the fact I wasn't on the roll call sheets. But thankfully I manged to make the TA think it's just a simple error.

But overall high school can be fun, but some classes just freaking suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post

Anyway, out of curiosity, what kind of religion class is it?

As a side-note, if you're interested in Chem shouldn't you take advance Bio and Physics classes too?
    Christian religion

and no i actually suck at both of them

grade 11 is the worst. You get the most work and have to do the SAT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorditachi View Post
    grade 11 is the worst. You get the most work and have to do the SAT's.
    Not if you're in Canada.

Though I am a bit confused- how do you have your schedule already? Where I did part of my high school- Ontario- we didn't know until around April.

In my school, only six people signed up for ap chemistry, and it didn't run this year, so I have to put it off until next year. Junior year actually isn't nearly as bad as you usually hear, especially if you English class is not that hellish. (Mine makes up about 50% of all of the work I have)

Grade 11 was probably my hardest high school year because I also took a bunch of college courses and had such a full schedule. But it worked out so that senior year I could take all the graphic/cinematography classes and electives I wanted.

Don't mean to ruin your fun and all... but IMO all of the years in high school are the same. You go to school, learn the same boring crap, deal with all of the @ss holes, and if you're lucky, hang out with the few friends you have, then go home and do it again the next day. I can't wait to go to college, and have a little fluctuation in my schedule.