Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: ADISC on Android/Iphone

  1. #1

    Default ADISC on Android/Iphone

    Sometimes I go onto ADISC through my Motorola Milestone running Android 2.1
    Occasionally, when I enter, I get this message

    'This website is Android Native'

    Using an Iphone also has the same result

    'This website is Iphone native'

    Not that I have experienced any problems, but it's just kind of weird

    What do they mean?

  2. #2

    Default

    It means that there's a native app for those devices (called Tapatalk) which you can use as an alternative interface for the forum. It theoretically makes the forum easier to browse on iOS/Android devices, but it seems like it will also attach a footer (along the lines of "Posted from my <device type> using Tapatalk") to any post you make, so I've always avoided using it. My posts are mine, dammit - get your grubby paws off!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It means that there's a native app for those devices (called Tapatalk) which you can use as an alternative interface for the forum. It theoretically makes the forum easier to browse on iOS/Android devices, but it seems like it will also attach a footer (along the lines of "Posted from my using Tapatalk") to any post you make, so I've always avoided using it. My posts are mine, dammit - get your grubby paws off!
    Uh you can turn that off in the settings.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It means that there's a native app for those devices (called Tapatalk) which you can use as an alternative interface for the forum. It theoretically makes the forum easier to browse on iOS/Android devices, but it seems like it will also attach a footer (along the lines of "Posted from my <device type> using Tapatalk") to any post you make, so I've always avoided using it. My posts are mine, dammit - get your grubby paws off!
    It doesn't do that on the Blackberry version.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishHusky View Post
    Uh you can turn that off in the settings.
    Ah ok, fair enough. I just saw a couple of posts with that footer in and assumed that it was required, but then I also assume that everyone automatically goes through an app's settings as soon as they install it, which I'm well aware is not actually the case...

    In other "get your grubby paws off" news...

  6. #6

    Default

    Is there a way to kill that prompt with fire? Mobile Safari is perfectly fine for my use of the prompt, and I get this slow popup (iOS 4 - EVERYTHING is slow) which I have to tap away every so often. I looked through my General Settings page and there doesn't seem to be one.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Is there a way to kill that prompt with fire? Mobile Safari is perfectly fine for my use of the prompt, and I get this slow popup (iOS 4 - EVERYTHING is slow) which I have to tap away every so often. I looked through my General Settings page and there doesn't seem to be one.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that you can't. I'm assuming that the popup is coming from the Tapatalk plugin running within the forum software. My guess is that it's reading your useragent and sending you the popup. Moo might be able to disable it, though.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say that you can't. I'm assuming that the popup is coming from the Tapatalk plugin running within the forum software. My guess is that it's reading your useragent and sending you the popup. Moo might be able to disable it, though.
    To the best of my knowledge, vb plugins are able to give options to your general settings page (Click Settings in the top right, next to the log out link, then general settings). For example, I think the exclude forums from view and force SSL options are plugins. Of course, this one seems to have not bothered.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, vb plugins are able to give options to your general settings page (Click Settings in the top right, next to the log out link, then general settings). For example, I think the exclude forums from view and force SSL options are plugins. Of course, this one seems to have not bothered.
    Which is odd, considering that the Blackberry app aside, Tapatalk is a very polished app.

  10. #10

    Default

    I've only had that prompt a handful of times on my iPod. I assume that it's setting a cookie when you dismiss it and then never showing again all the time that cookie exists.



    Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Which is odd, considering that the Blackberry app aside, Tapatalk is a very polished app.
    The iOS app isn't much better. The list of PMs doesn't update when you delete one, so you're stuck either manually refreshing after each delete, or deleting entirely blind, which is how I ended up deleting a PM from you, dcviper. I promise I'll get round to replying to that when I have a spare second, though >.<

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone vs. Android Phone? Which is better?
    By Butterfly Mage in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-Oct-2010, 19:39
  2. iPhone
    By RedApple in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-Jul-2010, 19:57
  3. The iPhone 4
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-Jun-2010, 05:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.