Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it still qualify as furry?

Default Does it still qualify as furry?

So, as I scarmbled through my unfinished stories I made, I stumbled on a one chapter story I called 'Untained Love.' I remember the plot as a young boy being abandoned in the woods and took on several details of a wolf. I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but I always had this questiong on my mind. I understand that the furry fandom includes animals with human characteristis, with fur or whatever your imagination leads to.

The question I have is if a character has a human body (with skin), but has fur like one animal, or horns or ears of that animal and plays as the protagonist of the story, is the story a furry fandom story? I'm sorry once again if this was a bad question, or it was the wrond place to ask, but I never really got a strait answer.

Enlighten me!

I say it qualifies as what you want it to be. Sure some may look at it and deem it what they want but what you think about it is the important part. Just make it what you're happy with.

Furry is what you make it, I say. If it's got a human/animal hybrid of any sort, then go with it... even if it's just a person with the mind of an animal (or the other way around).

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    So, as I scarmbled through my unfinished stories I made, I stumbled on a one chapter story I called 'Untained Love.' I remember the plot as a young boy being abandoned in the woods and took on several details of a wolf. I don't know if I should ask this here or not, but I always had this questiong on my mind. I understand that the furry fandom includes animals with human characteristis, with fur or whatever your imagination leads to.

The question I have is if a character has a human body (with skin), but has fur like one animal, or horns or ears of that animal and plays as the protagonist of the story, is the story a furry fandom story? I'm sorry once again if this was a bad question, or it was the wrond place to ask, but I never really got a strait answer.

Enlighten me!
    as seen in cg anime drawings this is usually classified as nekomimi for girls with tails and fuzzy ears <3
    but i think if it's has fur or scales or any sort of animal human hybrid then it's furry.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    as seen in cg anime drawings this is usually classified as nekomimi for girls with tails and fuzzy ears <3
    but i think if it's has fur or scales or any sort of animal human hybrid then it's furry.
    Anthropomorphics in terms of the furry fandom is animals with human traits, not human with animals.

Furry is what you make it, I say
    Which is why the fandom is in the state it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    Anthropomorphics in terms of the furry fandom is animals with human traits, not human with animals.
    I dunno.... I think it can be the other way around too. I mean, why not? It's the same concept, just in reverse.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 04-Jun-2008 at 17:21.

I agree with Naruto. I don't see the point in calling oneself furry if you keep your yucky human skin. :B

I see the point. But then.... what should they call themselves? I mean, they'd want a name for their fandom or whatever. And they're probably going to end up at a bunch of furry conventions anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I see the point. But then.... what should they call themselves?
    Neko.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 06-Jun-2008 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post

Which is why the fandom is in the state it's in.

Yes sadly, freaking 'open door' policy.... *cough* YouTube - wolfeedarkfang's Channel ; zoophiles *cough*