Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doppelgangers??

Default Doppelgangers??

Hi there! For those of you who don't know, doppelgangers are 'lookalikes' (look it up on Wikipedia if you don't know... it's really cool)!

I am constantly told I look like Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds and Janeane Garafalo (I think it has to do with my glasses and the fact that my hair and style of dress is usually 'out there').

What celebrity comparisons do some of you get? Do you like it? Why or why not?

Personally, I like both comparisons... I think they're both 'fun' and 'kooky', yet intelligent and funny.

i dont really follow celeberties but... WAHTS UP YAHIKO LOOKS LIKE NARUTO D: For those of us anime fans out there... lol

I thought that the doppleganger was a ghostly double? I've seen it happen once. When I was in college I had a very charismatic friend. There was a bunch of us that usually met at his house. One day I was driving home and I thought I saw him walking in the opposite direction. This was on a busy set of highways in New Jersey and I just couldn't turn around to take him wherever he was going. When I went over to his house in the evening, everyone said they saw him around town, wherever they had been. As it turned out, he hadn't left his house that day. If it had just been me that saw him, I would have thought that I made a mistake, but everyone in the group had seen him somewhere else that day.

Wow, that kind of gives me the chills. lol
    And yes, you're right... although on the first week of February every year, Facebook does a "doppelganger week" where people post look-alike pictures. It's become a fun thing to do online.

Some people say I look like Larry Fine from the 3 Stooges, just my hair isn't red. Others say I look like Elijah Wood as Frodo in Lord of the Rings.

I have naturally curly hair, so sometimes I do look like a taller Frodo. But I don't really agree with Larry because my hair isn't missing on the top.

freddie prinze and one of the guys off back street boys lol so i have been told....

Peachy

Not too long ago I looked like William Shatner (Cpt. Kirk) from the original Star Trek series, just not with the greasy dark hair

Tyguy

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I thought that the doppleganger was a ghostly double? I've seen it happen once. When I was in college I had a very charismatic friend. There was a bunch of us that usually met at his house. One day I was driving home and I thought I saw him walking in the opposite direction. This was on a busy set of highways in New Jersey and I just couldn't turn around to take him wherever he was going. When I went over to his house in the evening, everyone said they saw him around town, wherever they had been. As it turned out, he hadn't left his house that day. If it had just been me that saw him, I would have thought that I made a mistake, but everyone in the group had seen him somewhere else that day.
    What on Earth have you done to make ghosts so attracted to you?

That depends on if I have hair or not. When I have hair I look like Chewbacca, and if I shave my head I look like Uncle Fester. I've had people threaten to buy me a light bulb to put in my mouth.