Thread: Diaper- and Babyfurry art site

Default Diaper- and Babyfurry art site

I thinking about to start a site like Fur affinity but whit only Diaper- and Babyfurry art. But i need to her whit some member before if the think this is an a good idea. So what do you think about this?

Might need to learn the English language first, if you expect to attract anybody. Most artists don't want to publish their works on a site fraught with misspellings and grammar problems. IE: It needs to look professional.

And aside from that, the former biggest place for this - Proxima Centauri's Nursery Tails - is pretty much inactive now due to being surpassed by websites with much broader content. It's been this way for years. Fox Tales Times has much lower activity than when I was active there a few years ago. People aren't interested in niche websites when they can easily find art they're interested in...not in just one kink, but many. Same reason Facebook is so popular, and Friendster is a rotting husk. It encompasses more.

In essence you'd be creating a website to compete with other websites of a similar nature that are already on decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Might need to learn the English language first, if you expect to attract anybody. Most artists don't want to publish their works on a site fraught with misspellings and grammar problems. IE: It needs to look professional.

And aside from that, the former biggest place for this - Proxima Centauri's Nursery Tails - is pretty much inactive now due to being surpassed by websites with much broader content. It's been this way for years. Fox Tales Times has much lower activity than when I was active there a few years ago. People aren't interested in niche websites when they can easily find art they're interested in...not in just one kink, but many. Same reason Facebook is so popular, and Friendster is a rotting husk. It encompasses more.

In essence you'd be creating a website to compete with other websites of a similar nature that are already on decline.
    Ah, this. English is a hard language to learn, but it's certainly do-able. (I had to learn the finer bits of grammar when I was about 7, and it was mightily difficult, but definitely do-able. I was brought up with my Belgian grandma for most of the time, and French grammar is different than English grammar. Of course, I've lost about 50% of the French language because I didn't use it. )

Besides that, what Draugr says is very true. FurAffinity encompasses a wider range of things, so it's popular. DeviantArt is like that, too, but on there they have groups and clubs for specific types of art. (Does FA have clubs and groups? I'm not really sure... I don't go on there often enough to know.)

Not to mention the time, effort, and money put into a website. There's the rigorous coding, the time, the hosting costs, and everything else that makes it really hard. So unless you have a really good system to work with and quite a bit of cash, I'd say that it would be a crapshoot.

I concur with the others. From what i've seen its either not used very much, and gains lil' attention, or its gonna be one giant headache for whoever needs to be running it to solve all the problems(wither it be system issues, lots of drama, ect.). But if you have enough headache medicine, time, and money then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Besides that, what Draugr says is very true. FurAffinity encompasses a wider range of things, so it's popular. DeviantArt is like that, too, but on there they have groups and clubs for specific types of art. (Does FA have clubs and groups? I'm not really sure... I don't go on there often enough to know.)
    They do, but it's very poorly implemented. In essence it isn't really any different than following/watching a person. Instead, you're just "following" a group.