Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I leaked in my car seat how do you remove the smell/stain?

Default I leaked in my car seat how do you remove the smell/stain?

So how do I remove the smell first and foremost? I dried it upand used tuff stuff but it still smells. Sorry for being vague but I just feel like crap dont have the will to post anything lenghtly.

get yourself some cleaning-stuffs and coffe beans. The beans will cover alot of different odours since its such a strong smell. get some chemicals that sink down in the seat and then create a foam that lift the dirt/stains.

That should do it!

Sry for the spelling and grammars but im to tired to think right now...

Their are cleaners specifically for cleaning up urine. You might need to go to a pet store to get them.

scrub it with disinfectant and other cleaning products get and air freshener for your car to cover up the smell

club soda? xD

But seriously, i would use "resolve" or any other stain remover. Then I would febreeze the seat and car like crazy

Honestly, the best I can think of for the smell is cleaning the area with orange essential oil (sweet or bitter, it doesn't matter). It can be bought at many grocery stores, bulk food stores, health stores, or 'hippy/stoner' stores and it's relatively low cost compared to most essential oils. The reason I suggest pure orange oil is because orange has something in it that not only masks the smell of urine, but changes the chemical make-up, so the smell won't come back in time. Some carpet cleaners are great for removing stains.
    *edit* - personal experience... I use orange e.o. to clean my mattress when I have a diaper malfunction, or if one of my animals pees on something (mainly since they won't smell it again and go in the same spot since the chemicals are changed). I swear by the stuff.

You could also try tea tree oil, it often used for soaking reusable terry towelling nappies/diapers before washing them, it is also known for it's antiseptic properties. I sometimes add a few drops when i wash my terry towelling nappies/diapers to help freshen them up.

When I first looked at this I thought you actually had a booster seat or something. :p

Lol

I would just use a cleaner like resolve and introduce an air freshener to your car in the meantime.

They make a cleaner specialized for urine out of cars it a little hard to find but its in the chemical aisle of some places it has a car and a baby on it. Where I live its not even $5

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    So how do I remove the smell first and foremost? I dried it upand used tuff stuff but it still smells. Sorry for being vague but I just feel like crap dont have the will to post anything lenghtly.
    Do you have pets? Pet odor spray or the powder (and vaccum it up) worked when it rained inside my car and had a moldy smell. Maybe it'll work for you