Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pubesent Voice

Default Pubesent Voice

GOD! I hate how my voice changes like this! I try to sing the high parts that I love in my favorite songs, but it just ends up cracking! I want puberty to be over soon! Anyone else going through something similar? Not the voice change, just something annoying about puberty.

What sucks about puberty for me is probably the embarrassing moments where "it" gets bigger for no reason, especially when your in class.

Puberty gifted me a face full of acne... It was suuuuppper bloody and dry all the time. Nothing worked on it either.
    Accutane was awesome. No acne anymore forever... So far that has been true. But it's extremely controlled, and raises your cholesterol and blood pressure for the 4-5 months you are on it... They gave me blood tests every two weeks. I fucking hate needles...

My voice changed mid-sentence when I was 13.

"Hey mom what's for dinner?"

JDdl

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    What sucks about puberty for me is probably the embarrassing moments where "it" gets bigger for no reason, especially when your in class.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    Puberty gifted me a face full of acne... It was suuuuppper bloody and dry all the time. Nothing worked on it either.
    ditto

and one more thing it doesn't annoy me but it's kind of funny my mom (and everyone else that i know) says that i sound like a 30 year old. so many people have come up to me and said wow your voice is deep

puberty is an unnecessary (not really... but that's besides the point XD) and evil process... especially for the transgendered community. various "things" took place during a male puberty that made much of my self-image collapse onto itself and there wasn't much self-image to begin with. results of the average fourteen year old occurring at nine certainly didn't make it any better. oddly enough, a lot of my puberty actually reversed itself for some reason (my voice is higher now than it was at fourteen) and what didn't reverse naturally, was reversed by hormone therapy (well... most of it anyway :/)
    but life is cruel and unfair XD if only we could stay children forever... or better yet, gain the ability to choose our physical age at will.

Yeh that is annoying! i cant sing a high note, it just goes! i hope my voice breaks soon and that this isnt permanent!

I haven't actually sang since 6th grade. I refuse to sing. But yes puberty was a fairly unpleasant time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Yep! Totally sucks...like in PE!!
    Last edited by Zekk; 04-Nov-2010 at 20:49. Reason: Corrected word.

I had an entertaining summer where I was transitioning between GCSE and A-Level bands of secondary school education, grew at least a foot in height [currently 6'2" and that was a grand bulk of growth spurt], and had my voice break. Before and after that summer I went to weekend theatre school sessions, and it was only going back then after the holiday that I realised "hmm something's different". Probably was a gradual change in my pitch, but it's quite significantly deep now, apparently technically a 'bass-baritone', which got me the awesome booming rumbling male parts.