Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I generally suck at intros, but thankfully there's that nifty little cheat sheet sticky template thingy, so I'll just go off of that

1) Hello! Who are you?

Well, I'm an undergrad student part time and a mother and saleswoman full time. My career goals, long term, are to own my own store. I flip-flop pretty much weekly as to whether I want it to be a toy store or kids clothing store. Maybe I'll just do both! As for personality, most people would say I'm chipper, but there are days I get so down in the dumps about everything that I don't care about a thing and am a drag to be around. The only thing that drags me out of those deep pits is my daughter. She makes my life worth living, every day.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

Ah, the big question, right? Well, I have to wear 24/7 for personal reasons, the same reasons I get so depressed at times. I do NOT wish to divulge that now, and perhaps never will here. Please don't take that as me not wishing to be friendly. It's just some old buried skeletons that I carry around with me. Regression, to me, is an escape hatch I guess. My childhood was less than ideal, and by pretending to be younger, I can relive it, but on MY terms. I never 'regress' when my little one is around, because seriously?, how would I explain to her that Mommy likes playing with Barbies and watching Dora too? So I keep it to when her father has her for the weekend, or alone after she's gone to bed.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

My favorite thing in the world is to just hang out at home with my little sister and my daughter, watching movies and eating popcorn and doing each others nails and hair. I also enjoy watching ice hockey, car racing (ooooh I love you Kyle Busch! ) and swimming in the pond near my home.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

To be honest...I don't really know. I do love reading the stories, especially the loving ones. The forced regression stories just sit wrong with me. Don't get me wrong. I know there are people out there that dig that sort of scene, and that's FINE. It's just not my cup of cocoa, you know? I guess that's my biggest thing is reading the stories. Regression by proxy maybe? I don't know.

Well, that's that I guess. Thanks for listening, and I might even post here or there too. Until then, Happy Belated Halloween and Happy Early Holidays. (Can you BELIEVE it's almost Christmas?! Seems like a couple a days ago I was taking my tree down from LAST year.)

Hugs,

Rory

crazykittensmile

Hi Rory

Welcome to ADISC. You definitely do not suck at introductions, that was one of the best intros we've had in ages! It's always a good sign when members use the 'cheat sheet' to help them, it shows they they've looked around a bit and gotten a feel for what ADISC is about as a community, so you've certainly got off on the right foot here!

Don't worry about not wanting to disclose why you wear 24/7, as I'm sure you've seen we like to think of ourselves as much more than just a diaper site and so there's no pressure to disclose anything about why you wear or anything.

I can't say I share your love of ice hockey (we don't really have that here in the UK) or car racing, but I do enjoy swimming - I tend to hate public swimming pools but I always enjoy a good swim in the sea or a nice lake, pond or river (so long as the water's not too brown or full of weeds anyway). I love chilling out in front of a film with popcorn too, I still find there to be something very exciting about standing over a pan and waiting for the popcorn to start popping. Sometimes I like to take the lid off and watch it shoot off everywhere, although my house mate doesn't appreciate that so much when the kitchen is covered in popcorn. I just can't help myself though.

As for enjoying stories, there are plenty to choose from here Some are about forced regression, but there are plenty in which wearing diapers and/or age-play is a loving act within the story too. Do you ever write your own stories? One of the reasons I started writing stories was because there weren't enough stories that focused on the kind of diaper-relationships I wanted to read about.

Anyway, happy holidays to you too Did you enjoy halloween? Did you take your daughter trick or treating or anything fun? I look forward to seeing more of you around the forum

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Hi Rory
    Do you ever write your own stories?

Anyway, happy holidays to you too Did you enjoy halloween? Did you take your daughter trick or treating or anything fun? I look forward to seeing more of you around the forum
    Heavens no, I couldn't write an original story if my life depended on it. No, not an author, simply a reader.

And yes, I definitely enjoyed Halloween. Dressed up as Princess Leia, actually, and my munchkin went as just that. A Munchkin. Anyone from the Northeast US knows Dunkin' Donuts, and what a Munchkin is. For those not familiar, it's a donut hole lol. She was rewarded for her creativity with a ton of candy...and a free 50 count box of actual Munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by RoryV91 View Post
    My munchkin went as just that. A Munchkin. Anyone from the Northeast US knows Dunkin' Donuts, and what a Munchkin is. For those not familiar, it's a donut hole lol. She was rewarded for her creativity with a ton of candy...and a free 50 count box of actual Munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts
    Hehe. I had never heard of 'munchkins' before (we don't have Dunkin' Donuts here in the UK) but I just did a google search and they look delicious. What a fantastic costume idea - did she come up with it herself? I had several trick-or-treaters come to the door, but they were just the usual witches, skeletons and ghosts - nothing so creative. And what a clever way to get free munchkins! But I must ask, how did you get a munchkin costume together? Did you have to make it, and how did you do it?

Basically I used a pumpkin costume as a template, and went from there. My Mom helped a lot (I'm okay with a sewing machine, my Mom is a freaking Goddess lol). We used a ton of felt for the body and used fake spray on snow stuff to make it look powdered. And yes, she came up with the idea herself, to my joy. I cordially detest store bought costumes. What a lack of imagination, I feel. Anyone can go as Ironman or Dora the Explorer or like you said, a witch/skeleton/ghost. Not that those are bad ideas, if only more kids would MAKE the witch/skeleton/ghost costume and not buy it a beeping Wal-Mart/Target. But that's me. I just like oddball, homemade and/or creative costumes.