Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first time with a binky.

love

Default my first time with a binky.

happy halloween, everyone. Today, my boyfriend presented me with my first pacifier- two, actually. Toddlersized with colored mouthguards. The type with the flattened nipple, rather than round.

I just put it in my mouth for the first time, and m, is it comforting! Never expected it to feel this nice.

my question is: is it okay for me to go to bed with it? Or should I not? Because of my teeth. I had braces in my early teens (just 2 or 3 years ago) / preteens. Will this harm my teeth?

They feel soo amazingly good in a way that it's hard to describe. Between them, my teddy, and my blankie I feel soo little. <3

I imagine if you have a night retainer you could use a binky for a night and offset it with the retainer. I asked my orthodontist about wearing my retainer and they said if I was doing it 4 times a week it was probably good. (This was without the binky)

love

I don't have a night retainer. I lost it years ago teehee responsible me.

but my nuk3 shouldn't cause horrible damage, right?

Quote Originally Posted by love View Post
    I don't have a night retainer. I lost it years ago teehee responsible me.

but my nuk3 shouldn't cause horrible damage, right?
    I haven't noticed any damage from my paci. I think you're more likely to suffer from a placebo effect from being paranoid of causing damage than actually causing damage. Especially if it's just a short duration like 1 night and not a constant stress.

i love using my paci! it makes regression so much more enjoyable! i love snuggling up in my pj's n wet diapee with my paci n stuffed lion

love

Quote Originally Posted by codered4 View Post
    i love using my paci! it makes regression so much more enjoyable! i love snuggling up in my pj's n wet diapee with my paci n stuffed lion
    mhmm!

when 'daddy' gave me the first one, I was so excited. Then he pulled out the other! We watched rockyhorror and snuggled all warm. It felt so nice, padded in his arms, laughing and making jokes and sucking my binky while he kissed me on the forehead and held my hands and rubbed em with his thumb

it doesn't even matter if it ruins my orthodontia. It's worth it!

I got my first pacifier last week and I am addicted to it I just love to suck on it when I can and it calms me down a lot too. I had braces too and I'm supposed to wear retainers at night but I don't like them so I wear them every other night and the nights inbetween I suck on my paci and so far there hasn't been any visual damage.

Just got my first and second (NUK 5's) a few weeks ago. Since I have used them every night and have experienced quite the opposite - my mouth, jaws and teeth actually feel better in the morning.

Flattened nipples are awesome. Personally, I was unsure at first when my NUK 5 came in the mail, but after trying it out I loved it... they just seem more orthodontic friendly in my opinion because I can enjoy it without my annoying braces making themselves known...that being said, I don't think you'll get too much damage from a NUK 3. If you don't think it would've bothered your appliances, they should be ok without them. (then again, I'm going into my 5th year in braces...I forget what it's like without them)