Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your trip of a lifetime?

Default Your trip of a lifetime?

Self explanitory really. Inspired by Angela heading off to NZ and OZ and all those other yummy places.

So what be your trip of a lifetime?

Some rules:
    - It cannot be outside of planet earth (no space travellers!)
    - It has to be reasonable

Will post mine once I've thought about it more!

I would love to travel over America and meet up on all the lifelong friends I've met online.. and just see a ton of the wonderful sites the country has to offer. That would probably be my dream trip, a simple road trip.

crazykittensmile

Ooh, nice question! I will have to have a big think before I post though. Are we allowed to go to multiple countries?
    Last edited by crazykittensmile; 30-Oct-2010 at 11:56. Reason: too many !!! marks

I still want to travel across Europe and Asia. There are a ton of countries I'd love to see, and quite a few events. If I could strech it a bit I would like to go to parts of North Africa. Specific areas being Tunisia (read about it for a class, and it sounds like it would be great to see), Morocco (same reason as Tunisia), Germany (took 4 years of german, so should go check out the country sometime), England (Football!!!), Italy (history, culture, and of course football as well :P), Spain, Ukraine (looks lovely), Croatia (sound like an amazing place), Montenegro, Russia (took some Russian), China, Japan, Thailand (been once and it was AWESOME), Vietnam, Cambodia, Sweden, Denmark, Holland. Not in order obviously :P, but still would be a fun trip, would want to (if possible) mostly take trains the entire trip, and if I could I'd love to have a year to do it, but that fairly unlikely to ever happen. Maybe a couple months though.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    I still want to travel across Europe and Asia. There are a ton of countries I'd love to see, and quite a few events. If I could strech it a bit I would like to go to parts of North Africa. Specific areas being Tunisia (read about it for a class, and it sounds like it would be great to see), Morocco (same reason as Tunisia), Germany (took 4 years of german, so should go check out the country sometime), England (Football!!!), Italy (history, culture, and of course football as well :P), Spain, Ukraine (looks lovely), Croatia (sound like an amazing place), Montenegro, Russia (took some Russian), China, Japan, Thailand (been once and it was AWESOME), Vietnam, Cambodia, Sweden, Denmark, Holland. Not in order obviously :P, but still would be a fun trip, would want to (if possible) mostly take trains the entire trip, and if I could I'd love to have a year to do it, but that fairly unlikely to ever happen. Maybe a couple months though.
    18 countries in a year? Wow, that's pretty ambitious! But sounds like it would be an amazing trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelle View Post
    I would love to travel over America and meet up on all the lifelong friends I've met online.. and just see a ton of the wonderful sites the country has to offer. That would probably be my dream trip, a simple road trip.
    We should totally do that together. That won't drive you crazy at all.

If I could, I'd go to Warped Tour at every date during the summer all across the country, then I'd go to Australia for the Soundwave Festival... I'd be content for the rest of my life

Wow, trip of a lifetime, huh? I have been very fortunate to be able to travel much of the U.S. and Europe, some of the Middle East and Some of Africa. The most exotic so far has to have been the cruise around Spitzbergen (near the North Pole.)

Probably the one that would be my "once-in-a-lifetime" trip would be to Antarctica, but I want to go further into the continent than the typical expedition cruises go. I would even love to work a temporary (6 month or so) assignment as a nurse there. That would be most awesome!

I would love to go to Venice Italy. See the canals and city. I'd also love to check out the mountains of Ireland someday.