Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qustion about Fur affinity?

Default Qustion about Fur affinity?

Hi

Does anyone know what type of system/script they use?

Charles

A very poor one, at that. Probably JavaScript. You won't believe how many many times they have been hacked.

ok. I ask bacours i thinking about to start my own site dedicated to only baby/diaper furry. And i looking for a good system to use.

Fur Affinity use an entirely custom software system; it isn't something that you can install yourself to create a FA "clone".

As for the programming language that they use to write that system, that's pretty irrelevant. PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby, Java (JSP) and others are all perfectly valid choices - the choice should be dictated by what's available to you, what you know, and similar things. JavaScript is probably the worst possible answer, here. Traditional JavaScript is a CLIENT-SIDE language only - you can't create properly dynamic websites with it (Node.JS changes this slightly, but my point still stands). Also, the language used has almost no bearing on how hackable a site is - that's solely a question of how well it was written.

Sorry I haven't been very helpful here, but I really needed to counter Charles' wildly misinformed post.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Fur Affinity use an entirely custom software system; it isn't something that you can install yourself to create a FA "clone".

As for the programming language that they use to write that system, that's pretty irrelevant. PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby, Java (JSP) and others are all perfectly valid choices - the choice should be dictated by what's available to you, what you know, and similar things. JavaScript is probably the worst possible answer, here. Traditional JavaScript is a CLIENT-SIDE language only - you can't create properly dynamic websites with it (Node.JS changes this slightly, but my point still stands). Also, the language used has almost no bearing on how hackable a site is - that's solely a question of how well it was written.

Sorry I haven't been very helpful here, but I really needed to counter Charles' wildly misinformed post.
    Yes i now. But have you any tips on another good system to use?

you looking for free one or you want pay money for some forums software.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    you looking for free one or you want pay money for some forums software.
    Pay money for it i think.

then try Vbulletin or vBadvanced. those all two one best know forum software you buy. I think they cost about 150.00 to buy them but it money well spend. Frist make sure you take a look at them first and decide which one is right for you. I looking forward to your new site if you decide to launch it.

Money it not problem. The problem is if i going to get some members to the site. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    then try Vbulletin or vBadvanced. those all two one best know forum software you buy. I think they cost about 150.00 to buy them but it money well spend. Frist make sure you take a look at them first and decide which one is right for you. I looking forward to your new site if you decide to launch it.
    You need to have Vbulletin before you can use vBadvanced.