Thread: Idle Hands = Devil's playground?

Default Idle Hands = Devil's playground?

So before my hands become possessed by the one known as Satan I thought I ask for some help. I don't exactly fancy sacrificing virgins and dining on goat's blood after all. Help me before it's too late! Did I mention I can already see the carpeted floor starting to show some cracks? Not to mention my hands been acting like those of Bruce Campbell for some reason. (So that explains why I woke up to the Evil Dead movies being mysteriously taken out)

I need hobbies though! What do you like to do in your downtime? For me it's always been video games, lite reading, ocd cleaning/organizing attacks, tune hunting, dj'ing, driving, and *CENSORED for the KIDDIES!*.

I thought about getting involved in the world of Geocaching because it seems like a good way to explore new areas I would of never found on my own. Think of it like a adult version of treasure hunting, hell I should get a eye patch and a parrot for it! Does anyone on here geocache? If so, any pointers you wouldn't mind sharing with me? What equipment do you use? So far I'm looking to test out the android app called C:Geo.

Trying to avoid turning into this ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oxbuA5BxEEE/S-J5UU_X-TI/AAAAAAAAByU/AKLbRIhb19U/s320/IdleHands_3.jpg

or

http://cdn4.mattters.com/photos/photos/1226964/bruce-campbell.jpg

The floor is yours at this point. However my floor not so much ...speaking of, gotta go.

Idle Hands was almost as bad as the 10 remakes of that one zombie movie. Seriously like the worst movie I've ever seen. When I'm not typing or *CENSORED for the KITTIES* (see what I did there?), I'm...Probably either showering or sleeping.

I need hobbies though! What do you like to do in your downtime? For me it's always been video games, lite reading, ocd cleaning/organizing attacks, tune hunting, dj'ing, driving, and *CENSORED for the KIDDIES!*.
    If you're looking for hobbies, may I recommend model railroading. As silly as it sounds, that's what's kept me occupied when out of story ideas and there's nothing good to read. Here's the nice part; it can be either a simple circle of track on the floor/kitchen table, or it can be as advanced as a fully functioning layout on its own desiginated train table.

Geocaching is awesome!

Soooooo good!

I always have to do it in two goes though, since I don't have a GPS thing on my phone, I look up the coordinates for the clues on Googlemaps and write down the clues and where they are, then when I work out the final coordinates I have to go home and look them up too!! Such a long way of doing it but still so much fun!!

Myself liking new technology as it advances, but also like using it the old traditional way that *works*. Why not get an OS map and mark them down. Go outside with a compas and try and find your way around via landmarks. Not by getting hotter or colder via gps. Or have I missed the point of geocaching?

Beyond that, it depends where your interests lie. Sticking to an outdoor theme, why not take up running or some sports? Sure it will keep you in good shape, be competitive and feel good about yourself in the process.

If it want's to be a little more academic, why not learn how electronics work. Rip something cheap up and try and find out what is what. I used to be a fan of how stuff works and the lot!

im a freshwater eco guy so im alittle biased, but its massively engaging to collect and identify bugs, lots of places to find organisms,
    river rocks, and streambeds, and 'riffles (google it)
    not only that i like collectibng shells and interesting rocks, carving sticks.