Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diapers greener than the Potty?

Darkfinn

Default Diapers greener than the Potty?

Hey all...

I just found this online... it's a little old... but pretty funny.

Adult diapers greener than toilets - Green Daily

Apparently using a diaper is better for the environment than using the toilet.

So... all you diaper users out there are doing your part to save the planet!

Enjoy!

Lol. The "I Would do anything i takes" option on the poll is actually winning.

There's more to the story...If everyone swore of toilets and jumped into diapers... you would have more water used to clean cloth diapers and more landfill issues. The article doesn't cite any sources and I bet the majority of the people that read it are people like us: into diapers anyways.

It was an interesting read the first time, but I don't think it has much validity to it.

Darkfinn

It wasn't ever really ment to be anything but fun. I just find it amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    There's more to the story...If everyone swore of toilets and jumped into diapers... you would have more water used to clean cloth diapers and more landfill issues. The article doesn't cite any sources and I bet the majority of the people that read it are people like us: into diapers anyways.

It was an interesting read the first time, but I don't think it has much validity to it.
    They said it would be better with disposables actually

Lol. The "I Would do anything i takes" option on the poll is actually winning.
    Look at the site. It is for people who REALLY care about the environment. They probably would.

And look at where the link is. We might now become a relatively large contribution on that site. If we don't care about wearing diapers anyway, of course we would do "anything" for the environment, as long as that anything is wearing diapers.

It's probable that less ENERGY is consumed in producing one diaper than the 20L or so of water and processing of water needed to flush the toilet, but I imagine it's not accounting for the 400 or so years the diaper will be in the landfill as well as SPACE used by a used diaper when compared to the space the left over processed material from a sewage treatment plant.

Then there's also the energy resources used to SHIP the diapers from the factory, to the warehouse, to the store, to your house, to the landfil when you're done. City wide plumbing is far more energy efficent due to it's size and that everything is done in a 'bulk' scale.

Wow! I know if i wasn't a tb i doubt i'd wear for the enviroment

Ha. That makes a new excuse.

"I'm wearing these because I'm SAVING THE PLANET! D< You should too!"

XD

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Neonite View Post
    Ha. That makes a new excuse.

"I'm wearing these because I'm SAVING THE PLANET! D< You should too!"

XD
    Lol - the stereotypical "eco freak" is often portrayed as some dude with a beard and old torn clothes, and people says they smell horrible from not showering daily because they don't want to waste water and pollute it with soap. Adding another smell coming from their diapers probably wouldn't matter then

Peachy