Thread: Acceptance

Default Acceptance

Hello and thank you for giving me an opportunity to introduce myself. It's taken a while before I have typed my first 'thread' partly because I kept thinking what on earth ought I say and partly finding the time to sit quietly without distractions. So a second thank you for posting the 'stickys' on Introductions. They helped concentrate my thoughts.

My hobbys include reading. Ever since I was 3 I have had a voracious appetite. My mum would say I could find the ingredients on a packet of soap flakes interesting! I love classics especially Austen, Gaskell and Trollope. I may not be adept at cooking but I do enjoy it ... no particular style but Italian is a weakness.

How did I find you and what am I? I have not been online for some time. I used a search engine and came across details of this site. I thought it worth further investigation. I am a BW, a bed wetter. I need to use protection. In the past I have found support groups enormous help and I would like to think I have given something back.

The title of my first thread is Acceptance. I have had to accept that, like it or not, I am a BW. It is not through choice. I will spare you the medical reasons. I found it difficult, especially in my teens, I could not be 'like all other normal people'. So I have had to accept that protection has to be part of my life. I have learnt coping strategies for the 'low times', the 'poor me' times. Being able to communicate with others who can genuinely say 'I know how you feel. I know what you mean' incredibly helpful. Acceptance means tolerance. Others will be in variance. Enlightenment comes with knowledge.

If nothing else, I have enjoyed the opportunity to read many threads gaining insight into areas I struggle to understand and enjoyed some interesting, if technical, discussions in the chat room!

I will conclude with an Austen quote: "One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other."

Love Aina x

Quote Originally Posted by Aina View Post
    My hobbys include reading. Ever since I was 3 I have had a voracious appetite. My mum would say I could find the ingredients on a packet of soap flakes interesting! I love classics especially Austen, Gaskell and Trollope. I may not be adept at cooking but I do enjoy it ... no particular style but Italian is a weakness.
    Welcome to ADISC!

You've done a good job with your introduction. I also love to read and will read almost anything, although I have not heard of those authors you mentioned. What were some of their most famous books?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Try Barchester Towers by Trollope or Cranford by Gaskell the savour Austen later!
    Love Aina x

Welcome to the site Aina. Hope you enjoy your time here. Theres a good represent of uk'ers here. Always good to see more.
    I love reading too. Although ive got really into my travel books recently.
    Hope to see you around the forums