Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarians?

Default Vegetarians?

Ok, so there are some old threads on the subject, but rather than drag those up from the mists of time, I thought I'd start one afresh.

Just curious how many folk here would class themselves as vegetarian/vegan? Or perhaps to avoid the usual deluge of arguments that comes with an "ism", how about just "non-meat eater"? "Meat" may or may not include fish, depending on how you want to define it. Does for me, but your mileage may vary. Not interested in arguments about why it's not right, we're omnivores, how it's not healthy or any of that, as I've had it to death and can't be arsed arguing about it any more, I'm just curious as to the forum demographic, as I seem to be bumping into more and more people who are at least curious about going meat free. Seems to be considered much less "alternative" these days, as it has always seemed to have negative connotations in the past - all vegetarians were tarred as being hippies, that sort of thing.

crazykittensmile

I am about 99% vegetarian. I have a friend who does a lot of fishing, and I will occasionally eat the fresh fish he's caught (maybe 2-3 times a year) but other than that I don't eat any meat or fish.

Butterfly Mage

I am a vegetarian for religious reasons. I will eat eggs and cheese but I won't eat meat.

tacobellisgood

I'm not a vegetarian. I like teh salad tho

I really love my veggies and salad and can quite happily munch my way through them but I have to say I also really love my meat. trying to find a happy medium is the trick.

I'm a meat-eater (and actually wish I could learn to hunt) as part of being wiccan/pagan. I wish I could learn to hunt as part of that- both to be a more direct part of the cycle as well as to reduce the amount of meat I get from slaughterhouses. For thos of you who saw Avatar- you actually caught a glimpse of the psychology- apologizing to the animal for its death, and promising that its body and energy will be renewed in the tribe and allow for their dedication to serving the Goddess Eywa.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clothplasticpantsboy View Post
    I really love my veggies and salad and can quite happily munch my way through them but I have to say I also really love my meat. trying to find a happy medium is the trick.
    I definitely hear that. Personally, I think part of it is learning ways to have meat that don't equal a plate with a giant hunk of meat on it. One of my favorite things over the past few months is a salad (butter lettuce!) with 8 or so grilled shrimp- it's delicious, and makes a 2 lb bag of shrimp last forever!

I'm an evil, flesh-eating bitch that would eat human if it was commercially available (and actually tasted good).

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    I'm an evil, flesh-eating bitch that would eat human if it was commercially available (and actually tasted good).
    Ew. I was eating some delicious meaty chili when I read this. I don't think I'm too hungry anymore...

I do Meatless Mondays, sort of as an experiment to see how good I'd do without any meat. I'm trying to get more raw veggies and fruits into my daily diet, while cutting out the meat. Doubt I'll ever go full vegan, though, because meat is delicious and healthy. But eating less isn't going to hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I am a vegetarian for religious reasons. I will eat eggs and cheese but I won't eat meat.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I'm a meat-eater (and actually wish I could learn to hunt) as part of being wiccan/pagan.
    Interesting...

I eat a generally balanced diet, but I do hunt. I love sitting in the woods for hours watching nature and just thinking. Yeah meat is good but still I always grill up some veggies with it. (ps Im also a pagan so it's a bit religious)