Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are diapers a mental health necessity ?

maffew

Default Are diapers a mental health necessity ?

Should diapers be covered by insurance companies as a mental health necessity for infantilists?
    If your an infantilist diapers are kind of a necessity in order for you to be happy and balanced, at least they are for me, I don't wear 24/7 but if I go to long without diapers I can't stop thinking about them and get stressed out, they are far more effective than drugs like paxil. Following this logic should a psychologist be able to prescribe diapers and have them covered by some health insurance companies?
    I know this is far fetched and most people will probably say no way, but I'm curious if other people think of diapers as something they need to be balanced and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    Should diapers be covered by insurance companies as a mental health necessity for infantilists?
    If your an infantilist diapers are kind of a necessity in order for you to be happy and balanced, at least they are for me, I don't wear 24/7 but if I go to long without diapers I can't stop thinking about them and get stressed out, they are far more effective than drugs like paxil. Following this logic should a psychologist be able to prescribe diapers and have them covered by some health insurance companies?
    I know this is far fetched and most people will probably say no way, but I'm curious if other people think of diapers as something they need to be balanced and happy.

I say yes and no because insurance covers nessacarys they should cover diapers for incontient people because they need diapers but not for infantillist because you do not need diapers

maffew

I agree somewhat, but I do find that to be happy I have to have a supply of diapers otherwise I'm always thinking about diapers, I went to a shrink once and he told me to just accept this part of me. They have become somewhat addictive in a way, it's seems wrong to me though to have insurance pay for them, but if I had no access to diapers I'd probably get depressed or obsessed and have a harder time functioning as an adult.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I'm not 24/7 or incontinent but have become a bedwetter over the years, and must wear diapers if I drink anything before bed. If I withold liquids I'm usually ok.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I think I'm just depressed that I'm broke, and stressed out, and it's hard to afford diapers, I can live without them, but they really make me feel better when I'm stressed out.

Absolutely not. If it's a bona-fide medical need like incontinence then sure, but as a coping mechanism for AB/DL's I have to say no. That would be almost akin to me asking my insurance company to cover alcohol, as that tends to improve my mental health, lol.

I will say "no". Simply because that yes I do need diapers to keep my mental state in a stable state, however don't smokers need cigarettes to keep their mental state stable as well? With the lack of nicatine that the body has developed a dependency on, once it is removed the brain knows it's gone and chemicals go out of wack. This is the same thing for diapers essentially. You do not develop a chemical dependence on them as you do for cigarettes, how ever the same concept reigns true.

I will say no, simply for the fact that it would be the same thing as asking an insurance company to cover your smokes b/c you need them to be "happy" so to speak. No company will give you anything that is or can be damaging to your health/body, which in away diapers could potentially damage your body(incontinence) it isn't likely, however it could. Besides...your premiums would go up b/c now you have something like zanex, etc that has to be paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    I disagree since we don't have a physical need for diapers. Plus I doubt most of us find happiness just from diapers alone, we might at times but not all the time.

Anyways here's a quote from "the pursuit of happyness"

"It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?"

Also a better point is right now I am what I would call very depressed. Now, I can either wear a diaper and take a nap, or do something constructive like clean my house which has been proven to improve my overall mood not just short term, but long term. Also, anything can be a "drug".

Why are people comparing diapers as a coping mechanism to a smoker's cigarettes? Last time I checked, diapers don't give you cancer.

But I'm completely on the fence with the whole subject of diapers being a necessity. For TB and AB's, they are sort of like a stress ball or therapy. But asking for prescription diapers for a DL is like asking for a prescription dildo. Hehe, prescription dildo. I wish I had one of those. They'd probably be made out of cyberskin and perfectly molded to my needs... It goes like this for me;

Incon: Yes, insurance diapers. Those flufferz are expensive and they're necessary.

AB/TB: I don't even know, it really depends for me. To be fair, they could be used in conjunction with some sort of therapy if I ever found the time to write a thesis on that and experiment with it.

DL: Nah, it's like a prescription vibrator, and that's coming from a newly-found DL who doesn't have any money. But I realize that I don't have a need for that and it's just another kinky thing that I like.

I'm not happy without a top of the line MacBook pro! Pony up guvment!!!

I dont think so. I really dont think AB/DL's have mental issues. Rather, We have a habit. its like chewing your nails. you dont know when you really got into it. you cant stop no matter how hard you try, and people think it has something to do with your self confidence or something that has happened to you in the past. I honestly dont think there is a problem with any of us mentally, so why would the gov. agree to help?

maffew

Speaking for myself, diapers border on an obsessive compulsive disorder, I got to have some in stock even if I don't use them for months, if I don't have them, even if Im not using them, I get kinda crazy and compulsive.
    Though I agree with everyone now, there not a necessity, and people who physically need them should be covered by insurance.
    I guess I just hate that I spend at least 100 dollars a month on diapers, I know I'm broke, I know I don't "need" them, but damn if I'll go without.