Thread: BFS Weight Clinic(football)

xdeadx

Default BFS Weight Clinic(football)

Alright so just today, my football team held a BFS lifting clinic. We were divided into 7 teams and stationed at lifting/running stations. The team I was in was first stationed at Power Cleans. Which I didn't do to well on But I woke up at 6 and we started lifting at 7... So yea bad start but it wasn't over. My max that I did on Power Cleans was 175 lbs. I scratched on 185 lbs. so it didn't count.

Next station was 40 and 20 yard dashes. Now let me just say this, either the coach who was timing us was bad, or I am just REALLY slow So yea I go up for the 20's. My time... 2.71 seconds. 40 times... 5.60 GAAAH!!!! Pissed that's two things I messed up in...

And to the next station! Bench Press!!! Hell ya I was hyped for this one We go, just to make sure having a good start, I hit 185 lbs. on it. Good start, good start indeed... But then I mess up... YET F WORDING AGAIN Go for 205, which btw I've done 6 times in a set before the hand, and I scratch... NOT ONCE BUT TWICE DX

Moving along... Squats! My least favorite! Parallel Squats. But guess what? That's the thing I did best in! Weight I've never even done before!!! Last and best set... 300 lbs. !~!!!~ONE ELEVEN~!!! TWO

And now it's lunch time! Hell yes! You can imagine how starving we were So we go over and get some sandwhiches and gatorades/water and a bananna/orange. Even though some of the greedy people got *cough 3 sandwhiches cough* But ya anyways after that was over to Hex Bar!

So at hex bar I did alright as well! Haven't done Hex Bar since Freshman Year! That's a year and a half! LOL my lazy but never wants to do hex bar in the mornings! But I hit 315 lbs.

Here we go high jump/long jump/shuttle run. I was pitiful Makes me wanna break my comp just thinking about it But ya anyways, rating the high jump my best was 29. Long jump was 7.8 inches. And my shuttle run was a pitiful 5.2

AND NOW TO THE PIG!!! Yea it sounds stupid but it's an obstacle course! There's a 40 yard square! Two squares behind the bottom corner of them with specific weights/hitting pads/Penzoil bottle(wtf?) in a specific way. You have to pick something up run all the way around the square, and set it back up in the exact way! So some of the freshman who are slower then me(which is just horrible) grabbed the light stuff and everyone else grabbed the heavy stuff. So our turn comes and we did that. I grabbed two(45 lb.) plates put my shirt through the hole of them, threw em over my back and took off! Our team actually came second in the whole thing!

And finnaly, deadlifts. The most important part of the clinic. Showing our team spirit and how we are together one, no one singles out Each of the 7 teams chooses one person to start out. We chose one of our people and everyone else chose theirs. The minimum start for the dead lift is 500 lbs. And everyone hit that. We move up to 550. Everyone hit that as well! And now they put 600 lbs. on the bar... A few people were knocked out, they couldn't do it. Only 4 people were left. They move up to 650!!!! 3 people got that. And now... there was only two left. Our starting outside linebacker(Name reserved) and Our starting Tailback (name also not saying). They go up to 700... 700 mother f'in pounds man... The linebacker gets it. But he wasn't done. We weren't done. The team wasn't done! Hell no! The BFS max deadlift record for a clinic was 705! And he does 710!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Breaks the US Deadlift Record for HS. 710 lbs....

But it's not about him... or me... or anyone else

It's about the team. And the players that are on the sideline. And the backups. The 2nd and 3rd string guys. The team effort. And there was an 8th lifter now. He was lifting it for us. The team... Davis (not saying last name) a 2nd string player all his HS Football Career... Davis was going to do 500 lbs. on deadlift. For the team. He gets down into the position and does it. Gets it up! With Ease at that! All the strength and cheering on of his teammates, and especially the Backup guys cheering him on. And it was very emotional. We were hyped, jumping around like madmans... But that's how we do it, here at Oxnard.

Oxnard HighSchool Football

xdeadx

And now I can see... Very clearly... I've changed so much since about 3 years ago... This high school football team has changed my life. It's made me part of who I am. And I'm so thankful for it. And thankful to the coaches, the players, the people who picked on me to make me want to get better, those who motivated me when I said, "I can't!"... I'm thankful for this Team.

And some people might not understand it... But, there is NOTHING. Nothing in this world like high school football. No other sport, no other team. You just can't compare it...
    Last edited by xdeadx; 31-May-2008 at 20:41.

I love the game. My best friend in hs was the starting linebacker, and we lifted weights together. I eventually got to where I was benching 200 lbs free weights, as we didn't have a machine at his home, or mine. I could just about curl 200 lbs, because I would put about 220 lbs on his chest so he could bench. There was an odd position, me strateling the bench, hehehe. Once I dropped all 220 on his mouth. Man, was he mad, and sore. I felt horrible, he was my best friend. Later in life, I played men's league softball and had a great time. I even went up against The Hill Cat's coaching staff, all older major league players. It was the thrill of a lifetime, though I was pretty nervous since I played 2nd base. Keep working those weights and don't get frustrated. Everyone is built differantly. You can be great at football if you use your brains. My oldest son started as defensive end, and he was 5'9''. They won their conference his senior year, and he was named all All Western District, so don't feel discouraged. It will come.

xdeadx

Yea we don't use machines... Oxnard is so ****ing cheap. We do free weights =p And your right. Coach always tells us. It's okay to be a little guy, you better be the strongest little guy around.

Hey, we started working out for the summer too. We have camp this week, then we go off to Mizzou, and then we have our strength program. You post makes me so happy, because I think of how lucky I am that we aren't testing this year. But, since we aren't, I landed a (nearly) starting spot at WR. Nearly, because I'm not officially starting, but I'm the #3 Receiver, and go in when we put our #2 at Fullback for passing formations. So yeah, totally awesome.

xdeadx

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    Hey, we started working out for the summer too. We have camp this week, then we go off to Mizzou, and then we have our strength program. You post makes me so happy, because I think of how lucky I am that we aren't testing this year. But, since we aren't, I landed a (nearly) starting spot at WR. Nearly, because I'm not officially starting, but I'm the #3 Receiver, and go in when we put our #2 at Fullback for passing formations. So yeah, totally awesome.
    Sounds Good =P I doubt there's any chance I'll start OLB this year, but you never know what could happen ^_^

Peachy

My school didn't offer any sports activities besides regular PE lessons. It was too small to get enough students for a decent team anyway, and lacked the proper facilities.

If you have a good team, however, it's not surprising that people stick together and help each other out. I think that was the whole idea of the "clinic" to begin with...to tighten the ties between the team members and make people stick up for each other. I guess the team spirit is what helped you squeeze that last bit of strength out of your muscles beyond the point you thought you could not pass.

Peachy