Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch it burns! [this ever happen to you?]

Default Ouch it burns! [this ever happen to you?]

So, I love hot peppers and cooking with them. Earlier today I was making scrambled eggs with hungarian hot peppers (pretty good if you've never tried it).

But so yeah, I was sautéing the pepper first and I was standing a little close to it and took in a huge breath of pepper fumes. I've done it before but this pepper was hotter than usual Now I'm still coughing from it more than an hour later haha.

Also, worse.. I hadn't properly washed my hands off and happened to touch myself.. if you know where I mean. Ouch! That really burned for a while haha. TMI? Yeah, probably.

Moral of the story: Be careful when you handle hot peppers.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Or: When you handle hot peppers, wash your hands before you touch your own cucumber!

However, if the peppers didn't burn the skin on your hands, why did they burn the skin on other places? Seems odd.

Peachy

Well, kind of like it burns the skin in your mouth but not your hands.. the skin is a little more sensitive there .

Peachy

Well, kind of like it burns the skin in your mouth but not your hands.. the skin is a little more sensitive there .
    Mine isn't - same skin as the rest of the body really. But maybe you're circumcised, which would explain it.

Peachy

Haha, this reminded me about the other day at school some kids brought in a couple habanero peppers (one of hottest peppers) at lunch. A few of them ate them and started to throw up after a few minutes lol. They almost got suspended, but the teachers didn't know who brought them in.

Countdown

So, I love hot peppers and cooking with them. Earlier today I was making scrambled eggs with hungarian hot peppers (pretty good if you've never tried it).

But so yeah, I was sautéing the pepper first and I was standing a little close to it and took in a huge breath of pepper fumes. I've done it before but this pepper was hotter than usual Now I'm still coughing from it more than an hour later haha.

Also, worse.. I hadn't properly washed my hands off and happened to touch myself.. if you know where I mean. Ouch! That really burned for a while haha. TMI? Yeah, probably.

Haha that sucks. I've never cooked with hot peppers before, but I can imagine it must burn your throat!

I'm very careful to wash off after touching a hot pepper. I really don't want to feel pain down there... =(

Peppers don't really bother me at all!! I go through a bottle of hot sause ever two months, as I like hot & spicy foods!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Peppers don't really bother me at all!! I go through a bottle of hot sause ever two months, as I like hot & spicy foods!!
    Can...

can you taste anything anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    i'm the same way. i can actually get myself into trouble ordering thai food so spicey and then eating so much of it that i cause myself a certain amount of unmentionable digestive torment.

if you ever find yourself in a situation where you've been dicing up jalapenos in a cuisinart and you spray it out with a hot-water hose, be sure to hold your breath. inhaling vaporized capsicum fumes is never fun. and if you get ceyanne pepper juice under your fingernails, don't stick your finger into your ear, eye, or nose for at least 12 hours. no amount of handwashing seems to have any effect in that situation. i speak from bitter experience.

i used to be a pepper junkie, but now i cant even handle a jalepano
    hot and sour soup, yes