Thread: new here

Default new here

Hello all its nice to find a place to talk freely without feeling different or strange.
    I am a DL and really into cloth and plastic and onsies. I also am really into landscape photography and walking to pubs.

crazykittensmile

Hello and welcome to the forums

YAY for yet another person from the UK joining our ranks!

Although I know very little about photography there are a few other members here who share your interest in it to chat with I do however share your love of walking to pubs! Walking is so much nicer when you know you have the reward of a nice cool drink, and maybe even some traditional pub food, at the end of your journey. Where I'm originally from in Wales there are some wonderful pubs set amongst the hills which are lovely to get to on foot, but where I'm currently at university in England walking to the pub generally means walking along busy streets and isn't quite as lovely. But at least you still get the pub at the end

Aside from photography and walking/pubs do you have any other interests? Are you currently at school/college etc or have you finished your education? Look forward to hearing more from you

Hello babyjess

I finished my formal education many years ago and i am in what is commonly called the university of life.

Another of my interests is castles, the more in ruins the better, lets the imagination go wild about what it was like back then. I love Northumberland for castles and history. Wales also has some rather impressive castles and landscapes.

I work on a farm so not much time in the summer for travel but winter is another story.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by clothplasticpantsboy View Post
    Hello babyjess

I finished my formal education many years ago and i am in what is commonly called the university of life.

Another of my interests is castles, the more in ruins the better, lets the imagination go wild about what it was like back then. I love Northumberland for castles and history. Wales also has some rather impressive castles and landscapes.

I work on a farm so not much time in the summer for travel but winter is another story.
    Ooh, we have lots of lovely castles in Wales! I had a big love of castles when I was younger as my Dad loved taking us to visit them, and then in my teen years I went off them as castles were in no way 'cool' but now I am a bit older I have a new-found respect for them. When I am back in Wales I always visit my local castle, it isn't that impressive (although it is very much in ruins) but it is very peaceful and it looks over the whole town. It is a nice place to chill out. I also like visiting some of the bigger and more impressive castles. I have never been to Northumberland so I don't know much about their castles, I am trying to cast my mind back but as far as I can remember the only castle I have actually visited in England was Warwick castle, I think all of the others I've visited were Welsh!

What kind of farm do you work on? One with animals? I dream about owning a farm when I grow up sometimes, although I imagine the reality of working on a farm is early mornings and physical labour rather than pony rides, home-made jam and bottle feeding lambs? But even so, being from the countryside myself I do love donning my wellies and going to play and help-out at the farm

What kind of travel do you like to do in winter? Do you travel around the UK, or do you sometimes go further afield? I have hardly explored the UK at all - I know Wales pretty well and the South of England, but aside from going to Lancashire a couple of times I have never been 'up North' (or even to the midlands) and as far as I know Scotland doesn't really even exist. I have lots of plans to do lots of lovely travelling abroad when I finish university next summer, but I wonder if I should first get to know my own country a bit first...

I work on a hay farm we make hay for racehorses and pony girls, and yes the reality is long hours and most weekends for a couple of months of the year, but at the end of it all very satisfying to see all your hard work in the barn and being sold. So turns the world.

I am originally from Australia, (and yes before you think it we also have our share of really nasty weather.) and i have a keen interest in the history of the UK. Since my dad came from here i have always wanted to come and have a look, so came over and got stuck (in a nice way). I do most of my traveling in the UK as i think it has a wider and more robust history. Hence the North and Scotland really fasinate me. I do a little bit of Europe and some of the US when time and money permit, but then when doesn't it.

Yes i do agree with you about getting to know your own country first, it really helps. I travelled most of Oz before i came over although not much of the east coast, to many people and very touristy.