Thread: Finally bought diapers in store

Default Finally bought diapers in store

So I was excited and just had to share with someone. But finally my mom was going out of town for about a week and I was running low on my abena's.

So one night when I was closing at my job. Was working like 8-1:30am got to take a 30 minute break about 11, and decided it was the perfect time to go to walgreens, figured no one would be there so it would be a quick easy trip.

When I got there I was mostly right, There were 2 other middle aged women wandering the store, and the worst part of the trip the cashier was new and being trained by the manager. I almost chickened out for the fact of having to deal with more than 1 person, but got lucky when the manager walked away a few minutes later.

I took my time and paced up and down the diaper aisle and up and down a couple other aisles waiting till the coast was clear, found what i wanted grabbed it and started quickly walking for the front, the package was incredibly awkward to carry and almost dropped it a few times, finally making it to the front with NO LINE!

Now this is where I thought the checkout would be quick, but sadly no, the cashier could not find the barcode.....then to make things worse the 2 ladys, were now in line behind me. but thankfully they were paying NO attention to me and rather to the magazine rack and candy bars.The cashier was very respectful about ringing up my item. although I could tell he was trying very hard to not smile. but either way.
    After I was out of that store It was one of the greatest feelings i have had in years. And truthfully it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be

Haha Cool, Read my Blog Dude I had a very similar experience.

very nice after a while it'll become just another average trip to the store

Quote Originally Posted by codered4 View Post
    very nice after a while it'll become just another average trip to the store
    thats kinda what ive been thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    thats kinda what ive been thinking.
    what kind of diaper did u buy? i'm trying to figure out what kind of diaper i should try next

Quote Originally Posted by codered4 View Post
    what kind of diaper did u buy? i'm trying to figure out what kind of diaper i should try next
    I bought the certainty fitted diapers, they have a cloth backing, which I don't like that much, prefer plastic backing for crinkling noise

haha nice! I bought mine for the first time in a grocery store about a month ago. I was a nervous wrek, but it was nothing once I realized no one gave a damn what I was buying lol.

The thing to remember is most people are focused on their own needs. Most of the time, they ignore you unless you act all nervous. Even the cashier won't ask questions most of the time. If you are asked or approached, just answer casually that someone at home sent you.

"meh, my grandfather sent me" If the person at the store who asked knows you, continue with "he's here for a couple days"