Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PeeJ's

Default PeeJ's

Bedwetting Pants :: Bed Wetting Alarms :: Sheet Protectors

Anyone ever tried these? Or know where you can get them? They have been out of stock for more than a year.

Does anyone know of a product that is similar to these pants?

Isn't this defeating the purpose of a thick 'n fluffy diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Isn't this defeating the purpose of a thick 'n fluffy diaper?
    I think he's looking for an alternate solution, or something to that effect >.>

Anyhow, they've got an idea there... if you're looking for an alternative to diapers. though, sorry, can't really help on the issue here. :X

Those are made to try to stop bedwetting, so yes they are the opposite of a "thick 'n fluffy diaper". The idea among medical professionals is that if you use disposable diapers with a child that has bedwetting issues, the diaper is comfortable enough that the child ignores the issues, and is not motivating the child to actually stop bedwetting. The idea behind the products like the bedwetting pants is that the child will be in soaking wet pants, that will get cold and uncomfortable really quick, motivating the child to attempt to wake up to use the bathroom, instead of the pants.

Personally, those type of products never make any sense to me, because you would figure a parent would just buy a bedwetting alarm instead of torture/skin rash pants. I think the only two logical options is bedwetting alarms, or diapers till they outgrow it, but obvious parents must like punishing there kids, as they are sold out of these so called pants

gee, arent these just windpants with a cotton lining?

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    gee, arent these just windpants with a cotton lining?
    worse! they are nylon windpants with a nylon lining ("microfiber"), no cotten in these suckers, all plastic!

I have seen those before and wanted to try them. I think they were out of stock then too. The site was gone for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Personally, those type of products never make any sense to me, because you would figure a parent would just buy a bedwetting alarm instead of torture/skin rash pants. I think the only two logical options is bedwetting alarms, or diapers till they outgrow it, but obvious parents must like punishing there kids, as they are sold out of these so called pants
    Because for many reasons, several of them biological in origin, many people are unable to wake when the alarm goes off. It's not that they don't WANT to, they flat out can't do it. Which isn't to say there might not be some cases in which your assertion is valid, but it hardly obtains universally.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Those are made to try to stop bedwetting, so yes they are the opposite of a "thick 'n fluffy diaper". The idea among medical professionals is that if you use disposable diapers with a child that has bedwetting issues, the diaper is comfortable enough that the child ignores the issues, and is not motivating the child to actually stop bedwetting. The idea behind the products like the bedwetting pants is that the child will be in soaking wet pants, that will get cold and uncomfortable really quick, motivating the child to attempt to wake up to use the bathroom, instead of the pants.

So essentially they want to prevent more of us from poping up? XD But yeah those pants and stuff look horribly uncomfotable.... I wouldn't pay $50 for a pair of those pants. Just stick the kid in a diaper and be done with it.

I have a pair of these. The idea of them is good but the product is less than perfect. First off I find them way too heavy and hot to sleep in. I one of those people who hate being restricted when sleeping. Normally I will just ware a pair of boxes when sleeping unless it is really cold and I will wear a pair of athletic tights (like Under Armor) and a t-shirt. They will take a full wetting but the outer cover is not 100% water proof so some dampness can seep through. I could fix this by spraying them with a waterproof protector like you could a jacket. They are fun if you want to max out a diaper and have the pants catch the over flow. Sometimes when the house is really cold I will wear them because the are quit warm.