Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primark Sleepers: Review.

Default Primark Sleepers: Review.

I finally got around to buying some sleepsuits from Primark yesterday. I'm wearing my favourite one right now so decided I might as well review it.
    I happen to have been in three Primarks over the last few weeks, and I only managed to find this pattern in one of them (the largest). Even then, there were literally only about 6 left and I didn't even spot them at first. I'm glad I found this design, because the other two, which are more common, have dogs on them and I hate dogs lol. (I still bought one though.)
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/Dougalism/001-25.jpg
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/Dougalism/002-17.jpg
    Things I like about this sleeper:
    - The fleece isn't too thick, so you can wear it without overheating.
    - The little flap over the zip (pictured).
    - The feet are roomy and have pink rubber "blobs" on the bottom so you don't slide around.
    - Roomy in general - I thought this size would be too small but it fits fine.

Things I don't like:
    - Not much.
    - If I was pressed for a negative, I would say that the sleeves are a little short. Also, this is the only design I liked out of the bunch. The others made me throw up a little.

I did say id review these, but well, you bet me to it, hats off to you!
    These are a cheap and cheerful product and the price/quality reflect that, as normal for primark but i do have a few more gripes than Guineapigged.

I agree that the sleeves are way too short, that's OK thou,

What I've really got a problem with is that the zip only goes down to the waist, on the girls ones that's sort of acceptable, but on a guys version ?!

Mabie primark know their target audience a little to well for these, but how am I ment to use the big kid toilet?, that's if in in the mood of course! but then changing a nappy would be tricky if not impossible.

On a less critical note, I do agree with every thing else You've said Guineapigged, especially on the designs and their limited availability in smaller stores, there only one guys design that I know of, and it costs a whole 2 more than the girls ones, Soo unfair !

So,

Come on primark, longer sleeves, longer zips, more block pattern designs, err and a less sexist pricing policy?

Loopygone

Come on guys, you can't expect great things when they first start selling these. Changes will happen, and they'll make the sleeves etc longer. Is the pricing really that sexists. Its 2 more! 10 total for a bloody sleeper for an adult man! Thats a mental price! I'm sure they'll have more patterns and better zips the longer they keep making em, remeber this is only the second year they've sold sleepers. Market has to get used to the idea :P.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Come on guys, you can't expect great things when they first start selling these. Changes will happen, and they'll make the sleeves etc longer. Is the pricing really that sexists. Its 2 more! 10 total for a bloody sleeper for an adult man! Thats a mental price! I'm sure they'll have more patterns and better zips the longer they keep making em, remeber this is only the second year they've sold sleepers. Market has to get used to the idea :P.
    Most brand name underwear costs a lot more than 10 pounds nowadays, so 10 quid for a whole boy garment is dirt-cheap! If only I had some time to check out my local primark of they're selling those over here. I'm "priviledged" to have one of the two Primarks in this country in my city, so they should "bloody well" (gotta sweat in British English) stock those too here!

Loopygone

IIRC one of my english AB friends who lives in germany said they had the girls ones there last year :P. So hopefully they will. You'll have to get there quick they tend to sell out :P.

Pic!

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/loopyted/716563d7.jpg

;D

off-topic, but the first thing that struck in that pictures, why is there a bucket in the corner?

Those star ones look so cute, I really want a pair now. Looks like I'm off to find a primark soon.

Oh my god that is the coolest sleeper I have ever seen! It has freakin' PACMAN on it!