Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Coming out to my kids?

  1. #1

    Default Coming out to my kids?

    One of these days I know my kids are ether going to catch me or find my stash & I have a medical sort of excuse I can tell them as to why there dad is wearing diapers. I am tempted to just open up to them but at there age 13 & 15 I don't think they will handle it well at all. My daughter who is the older is close to me so she I feel would be fine. My son who is in his rebellious stage would just use it as fuel against me I think. There is also the coming out with my sexuality. Again I feel my daughter would be alright. I have caught my son using the word fag to put down his friends so I don't think he would react to the news in a good way at all.
    I am just wondering if this news of mine be better kept to myself forever or one day should I just fess up on my own or just if I am caught & what age do you think would it not really effect them ether way?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    One of these days I know my kids are ether going to catch me or find my stash & I have a medical sort of excuse I can tell them as to why there dad is wearing diapers. I am tempted to just open up to them but at there age 13 & 15 I don't think they will handle it well at all. My daughter who is the older is close to me so she I feel would be fine. My son who is in his rebellious stage would just use it as fuel against me I think. There is also the coming out with my sexuality. Again I feel my daughter would be alright. I have caught my son using the word fag to put down his friends so I don't think he would react to the news in a good way at all.
    I am just wondering if this news of mine be better kept to myself forever or one day should I just fess up on my own or just if I am caught & what age do you think would it not really effect them ether way?
    i dont know even though im 16 if my parent told me i wouldnt care, and i dont think i would if i wasnt a df/tb but im open minded about things
    your kids may not understand and hwat you have to be careful of is that at they are not open minded or have no idea what it is they may be freaked out
    personally i would suggest either waiting till they are in their 20's or not tell them unless you know they are open minded and would be able to handle it well
    hope i helped in some way

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    What are you hoping to achieve by telling them?
    That's just it, I don't really know. In some way it may just be a relief to know I don't have to sneak around anymore. But I am not willing to screw up my kids for that comfort if that is what will happen. My kids have commented about how much of a kid I am myself & they do know I sleep with my teddy bears already but they grew up knowing all that.
    It just would be nice not having to hide the crinkle noise & be able to share my feelings more to my kids or anyone for that matter out side of the cold text here on my screen :/ My wife sure dose not want to be apart of it at all.

  5. #5
    crazykittensmile

    Default

    I will be honest, if my parents told me they were AB/DLs I would find that a case of too much information. I really do not want to know anything with regards to how my parents get their sexual kicks, and although I would of course accept my parents after admitting a fetish I also think I would feel a bit weird around my parents for a while afterwards. We all know our parents have sex, but we don't like to imagine them doing it! I think, if possible, you should try to keep this side of yourself from your children, there is no reason for them to know you are a diaper lover or baby fur. I would keep your stash well hidden in a place they hopefully wouldn't find it, and avoid indulging in your DL/BF side when your children are around. If they find your stash even when it is well hidden then perhaps it is something you would need to admit to them (after having a conversation about the importance of respecting the privacy ofthers!), but I wouldn't tell them otherwise.

    Your sexuality is perhaps a bit different, as it is not something which can, or needs to, be kept to the privacy of your own bedroom in the same way as your diaper fetish. If you are involved in any same-sex relationships then it is probably something you need to tell your children before they find out some other way. However, if at the moment there is no reason for them to know yet then I don't think there is any rush to tell them, particularly if you think your son may still be too young to handle it. But it is probably something you will have to share with your children at some point in the future - you may wish to tell your daughter first as she is older and from what you said will be better able to take the news. If she has time to get used to the idea she may be better able to support your younger son if he finds it difficult to be so understanding.

    So in short, I think tell your children about your sexuality - if you're not engaging in any same-sex relationships then don't be in a rush to tell them and perhaps wait until they are a little older, but if you are then tell them before they find out some other way. But there isn't really any need to tell them that you have a diaper fetish - it is something you should be able to keep from them as long as you are discrete, hiding your stash well (maybe in something that can be locked like a suitcase) and avoiding wearing diapers when they are around.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I will be honest, if my parents told me they were AB/DLs I would find that a case of too much information. I really do not want to know anything with regards to how my parents get their sexual kicks, and although I would of course accept my parents after admitting a fetish I also think I would feel a bit weird around my parents for a while afterwards. We all know our parents have sex, but we don't like to imagine them doing it! I think, if possible, you should try to keep this side of yourself from your children, there is no reason for them to know you are a diaper lover or baby fur. I would keep your stash well hidden in a place they hopefully wouldn't find it, and avoid indulging in your DL/BF side when your children are around. If they find your stash even when it is well hidden then perhaps it is something you would need to admit to them (after having a conversation about the importance of respecting the privacy ofthers!), but I wouldn't tell them otherwise.

    Your sexuality is perhaps a bit different, as it is not something which can, or needs to, be kept to the privacy of your own bedroom in the same way as your diaper fetish. If you are involved in any same-sex relationships then it is probably something you need to tell your children before they find out some other way. However, if at the moment there is no reason for them to know yet then I don't think there is any rush to tell them, particularly if you think your son may still be too young to handle it. But it is probably something you will have to share with your children at some point in the future - you may wish to tell your daughter first as she is older and from what you said will be better able to take the news. If she has time to get used to the idea she may be better able to support your younger son if he finds it difficult to be so understanding.

    So in short, I think tell your children about your sexuality - if you're not engaging in any same-sex relationships then don't be in a rush to tell them and perhaps wait until they are a little older, but if you are then tell them before they find out some other way. But there isn't really any need to tell them that you have a diaper fetish - it is something you should be able to keep from them as long as you are discrete, hiding your stash well (maybe in something that can be locked like a suitcase) and avoiding wearing diapers when they are around.
    Well I would not come right out & say "hers how dad gets his jollies" I would explain it as more of a comfort thing IF I ever decided to take that step. If caught I do have an excuse with my herniated disc & when I get a flair up causes some IC issues. But that thankfully dose not happen often anymore.
    My stash is under lock & key in my work shop & it is off limits to them. But I have made the mistake of leaving the key in the lock once XD & both my kids have herd a crinkle noise coming from me before & have commented on it as well.
    I am still married so I am not running about fooling around on her so there is no issues there to worry about.
    It is rare for me to have time away from them for me to wear so I have to constantly play the cloak N dagger routine with sneaking around them. Keeping my jeans on & the TV volume up to hide the noise when all I want to do is sit in my comfy PJ's padded up. It is a bummer having to choose between being around my family or being padded up & I was hoping to have both one of these days. But I would not choose my stuff over my kids if that's what it comes to.

  7. #7
    crazykittensmile

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Well I would not come right out & say "hers how dad gets his jollies" I would explain it as more of a comfort thing IF I ever decided to take that step. If caught I do have an excuse with my herniated disc & when I get a flair up causes some IC issues. But that thankfully dose not happen often anymore.
    My stash is under lock & key in my work shop & it is off limits to them. But I have made the mistake of leaving the key in the lock once XD & both my kids have herd a crinkle noise coming from me before & have commented on it as well.
    I am still married so I am not running about fooling around on her so there is no issues there to worry about.
    It is rare for me to have time away from them for me to wear so I have to constantly play the cloak N dagger routine with sneaking around them. Keeping my jeans on & the TV volume up to hide the noise when all I want to do is sit in my comfy PJ's padded up. It is a bummer having to choose between being around my family or being padded up & I was hoping to have both one of these days. But I would not choose my stuff over my kids if that's what it comes to.
    If you have a legitimate reason for wearing diapers in your IC then if you do tell your children I would give your incontinence as the reason why you wear diapers. I think it would be very difficult for teenagers to understand that their adult father wears diapers for 'comfort,' they will be much more likely to accept a medical reason for wearing them. Perhaps sit them down and explain that because of your herniated disc sometimes you have some incontinence issues, which you choose to manage with diapers. Tell them that sometimes you need to wear diapers, and whilst you will always be discreet about this when, for example, you have guests over sometimes when only the family are home you will be wearing a diaper under your clothes. If you explain that you have some IC issues they will probably just assume that every time you are diapered it is for that reason. I wouldn't mention your babyfur side, or the fact that sometimes when you are wearing diapers it will be out of choice more than necessity. Perhaps that is something you will choose to divulge when they are older, but as teenagers it may be difficult for them to understand just yet.

    I didn't realise you were still married, but if that is the case it may not be a good idea to mention your bisexuality - it may leave your children confused or worried that you will lose your attraction to your wife. I would say that in your current situation, and with your children's current ages, it is probably just not necessary to tell them about it. Again, maybe it would be better to wait until they are older to tell them. Being a teenager is tricky enough, I wouldn't think it's worth the risk of upsetting or confusing them, and parent/child relationships are often harder when the child becomes a teen anyway so I wouldn't risk that they don't accept it and that your relationship with them suffers.

    If you still really are considering telling them then I suggest you discuss it with your wife and see what she thinks. You of course know your children and what they're like and how likely they would be to accept it if you did tell them about your diapers and sexuality. Between the two of you hopefully you will be able to come to an agreed decision about whether you should tell them now, in the future, or whether as things stand now you ever need to tell them based on your knowledge of your children. As someone who knows your children she is probably a better person to offer you advice than anybody on here.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    If you have a legitimate reason for wearing diapers in your IC then if you do tell your children I would give your incontinence as the reason why you wear diapers. I think it would be very difficult for teenagers to understand that their adult father wears diapers for 'comfort,' they will be much more likely to accept a medical reason for wearing them. Perhaps sit them down and explain that because of your herniated disc sometimes you have some incontinence issues, which you choose to manage with diapers. Tell them that sometimes you need to wear diapers, and whilst you will always be discreet about this when, for example, you have guests over sometimes when only the family are home you will be wearing a diaper under your clothes. If you explain that you have some IC issues they will probably just assume that every time you are diapered it is for that reason. I wouldn't mention your babyfur side, or the fact that sometimes when you are wearing diapers it will be out of choice more than necessity. Perhaps that is something you will choose to divulge when they are older, but as teenagers it may be difficult for them to understand just yet.

    I didn't realise you were still married, but if that is the case it may not be a good idea to mention your bisexuality - it may leave your children confused or worried that you will lose your attraction to your wife. I would say that in your current situation, and with your children's current ages, it is probably just not necessary to tell them about it. Again, maybe it would be better to wait until they are older to tell them. Being a teenager is tricky enough, I wouldn't think it's worth the risk of upsetting or confusing them, and parent/child relationships are often harder when the child becomes a teen anyway so I wouldn't risk that they don't accept it and that your relationship with them suffers.

    If you still really are considering telling them then I suggest you discuss it with your wife and see what she thinks. You of course know your children and what they're like and how likely they would be to accept it if you did tell them about your diapers and sexuality. Between the two of you hopefully you will be able to come to an agreed decision about whether you should tell them now, in the future, or whether as things stand now you ever need to tell them based on your knowledge of your children. As someone who knows your children she is probably a better person to offer you advice than anybody on here.
    My medical IC happens so far & few between that in my mind I just feel I cant use it as an excuse flat out. (knock on wood) its been 3 years since i had a major flareup with it & I prey it never happens again. My sexual preference I do not feel the need to open up to them with really. More the issue is my padding. I would love to just be able to be comfortable in my own home.

  9. #9
    crazykittensmile

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    My medical IC happens so far & few between that in my mind I just feel I cant use it as an excuse flat out. (knock on wood) its been 3 years since i had a major flareup with it & I prey it never happens again. My sexual preference I do not feel the need to open up to them with really. More the issue is my padding. I would love to just be able to be comfortable in my own home.
    Personally I think I would bend the truth with regards to how often I needed to wear diapers for medical incontinence and let my kids assume any time I wore would be for that reason. But I am not actually a parent myself, and I can understand now wanting to lie to your children and perhaps if they were to later find out the truth that would cause more problems. My feeling though is that if you tell your children you wear for comfort, and they don't understand it or are disgusted by it (to most people the idea of their father wearing, and using, a diaper around them is probably strange, let alone to know he wears it out of choice. As a teen I would have been mortified if my Dad started wearing a diaper around the house - it would I'm sure take being an embarrassing parent to a whole new level to most teenagers.), you will have even less opportunities to wear diapers in your home as your children will be paying more attention to the underwear you wear than ever before. It could negatively effect your relationship with your children, and they may begin to feel awkward around you.

    Perhaps you could take more precautions to hide the fact you are wearing a diaper? For example, by choosing to wear cloth-backed diapers when around your children or to wear a onesie, mesh pants or something else that would muffle the crinkle and hold the diaper close to your body? That way you may feel more confident to wear around them, whilst still being able to hide it. I find wearing a robe/dressing gown works wonders for hiding any tell-tale bulges.

    However, as I suggested before, talk to your wife. She knows your children and will hopefully be able to offer her perspective on whether they are likely to accept knowing their dad likes to wear diapers, and then accept you wearing around them, which will be far more relevant to your situation than anyone here who doesn't know your children can offer.

  10. #10

    Default

    Unless you're coming out as incontinent only, I recommend a resounding never. It doesn't matter what age they are. Teenagers especially do not want to hear about their parents' fetishes, and they would most likely stab their own ears out upon hearing it. Even with me as a TB/AB, if I heard one of my parents liked diapers... yeah. Ear-stabbing would occur. Your kids don't want to hear about it, I'm telling you. Just, as a teenager, trust my perspective.

    Sexuality is a different thing completely. If you want to tell them, then you should. It'd confuse things, but it might end up being good for your son. Just give it some thought before you do anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Hi kids - greetings from Berlin
    By Chelmers in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2010, 22:00
  2. Kids/Married
    By MuddyAlaskanZJ in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-Mar-2010, 17:42
  3. To those with kids
    By Calico in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-Sep-2009, 08:01
  4. Kids
    By FluffyFluffers in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2009, 16:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.