Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Help me decide: 360 or PS3?

  1. #1

    Default Help me decide: 360 or PS3?

    Okay, I've been thinking about getting a console for a while, but I'm not quite sure which one to get.

    I've been trying to weigh up the plusses and minuses of both consoles, but it's still a tough call, not least because I fell out of the loop as far as keeping track of releases is concerned.

    The 360 is the cheaper of the two, but not many of its titles seem as though they would appeal to me; of the two I've heard most about, the Halo series is mediocre and Gears of War just doesn't pique my interest.

    The PS3 is the pricier of the two, but has GT5 and MGS4 on its list of future releases. However, I do have my reservations about MGS4 because although MGS2 is easily one of my favourite games of all time, MGS3 was rubbish. Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, the European PS3 has no backwards compatibility, which ****ing sucks.

    Also of note is that I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer, and would rather walk into a synagogue dressed as an SS officer than play a J-RPG.

    Admittedly, I'd prefer a shiny new PC, but with university looming, I just don't have the money spare to put towards a decent one.

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Yeah, Xbox Live was a real turn off for me. But once I got my Elite it really was worth it. Playing GTA4, Rock Band and CoD4 with it was a really awesome experience.

    I haven't gotten into the PS3 as much, it sits downstairs as a cheap Blu-Ray player... But I did get the Dualshock3 controller (as well as the Sixaxis that came with it). I only have Rock Band and CoD4 for the PS3, though, my only two games for it.

  5. #5

    Default

    If you don't have an HD TV or some nice TV like that, then you can't play PS3 on it...If you have a regular tube tv, then 360 will work on it, although you won't get the best graphics, but they are still good....360 has a lot more games, and a lot better games, that sell a lot better...Plus they are cheaper...PS3 costs more, doesn't have as many games, and gets screwed out a lot of exclusives...This year seems to bring better games to PS3, but who knows if they are in your liking

  6. #6

    Default

    I think the 360 is the better option. Theres a bigger selection of games and Sony dose not really have that many titles to itself. Plus Sony was being the PSP which I consider to be a bigger let down then the last 3 star wars movies combined.

    Also let's all thank sony for forcing its own formats (UMD/Blu-
    Ray) no one asked for.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    If you don't have an HD TV or some nice TV like that, then you can't play PS3 on it...If you have a regular tube tv, then 360 will work on it, although you won't get the best graphics, but they are still good....360 has a lot more games, and a lot better games, that sell a lot better...Plus they are cheaper...PS3 costs more, doesn't have as many games, and gets screwed out a lot of exclusives...This year seems to bring better games to PS3, but who knows if they are in your liking
    You can play the PS3 on any TV, actually. In-fact, due to it supporting the PS1 RF unit, you can actually play it on even more TV's than you can the 360.
    Please stop misinforming people~

  8. #8
    Darkfinn

    Default

    Get a PS3 or a Wii.

    360 games are like all 1st person shooters...

    I hate the lack of selection for the 360.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sawaa View Post
    You can play the PS3 on any TV, actually. In-fact, due to it supporting the PS1 RF unit, you can actually play it on even more TV's than you can the 360.
    Please stop misinforming people~


    I always thought you couldn't play it on tube tv's...Well my parents lied to me....

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Verscha
    MGS3 was rubbish
    No, no, no! You don't deserve a PS3! Just kidding! I can't believe people hated that game though.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pojo
    If you don't have an HD TV or some nice TV like that, then you can't play PS3 on it.
    That's not true. I played my PS3 for a while on an old video monitor from the 80s. I eventually got an HDTV though.
    (EDIT: someone beat me to it)



    Quote Originally Posted by Orms Einbani View Post
    PS3. But I'm biased due to hating having to pay for online play.
    I want to suggest that he get a PS3 for that reason alone, actually. The 360 is good, but it pisses me off that rich-as-hell MS gets away with charging for something that other companies offer for free. Sure, there are some nice features.... but they should offer a way to play for free somehow (maybe with less features or something.)

    But.... uh.... this really is a tough choice. I'd probably go for the PS3 though. You'll miss out on lots of downloadable content for GTA4 (if you like GTA), but at least it has the game... and it might get some smaller DLC packs sometime. You'll also get Final Fantasy XIII.... and Mercenaries 2 supposedly comes out later this year (for both systems though.) The 360 is a good system and has some great games, but I recommend the PS3.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.