Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A different shade of babyfur

Default A different shade of babyfur

Hello, all!

Let me start this post with the admission that I am, in fact, a babyfur (no, my avatar is not my fursona). However, I have been accused of not being a "real" babyfur...

There are several tendencies among most babyfurs I know that I personally do not ascribe to. This includes lots of "role play", "e-cuddling", the desire to have a large 'family' (I want none, thank you), and a general tendency to act more... "immature" in an online capacity (I hate using that word, but its the best one I could think of).

So, here's what I'm looking to find out... what are all your thoughts on the idea of 'typical' babyfur behaviors? Is it really typical, or is it just a matter of the vocal minority being more prevalent than the silent majority?

i don't know, alls i know is, you are what you wanna be.

Oh, it's not a matter of what I am. I know what I am, I'm just trying to get people's opinions on the idea of 'typical' babyfur mindset.

I was probably one of those "typical babyfurs" when I started a few months ago, but Mugi (from FTT), among others, kinda influenced me in being somewhat like you. Mind you, I can still act like that sometimes, but I often find the immaturity of attention whores annoying.
    If you ask me, you're more of a Diaperfur than a Babyfur, but you know better than me.

Also, you remind me a lot of Cen Aeonis. :V

Is this the difference between a 'Baby fur' and a 'AB Fur'? :P

Heck I don't do any of that stuff yet I consider myself a babyfur. It's really up to the person to decide whether or not they're babyfur.

As for fitting in certain criteria, I was under the impression that a large part of this whole ordeal involved being yourself, not conforming to others standards.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    I often find the immaturity of attention whores annoying.
    No offense here, just trying to stop something bad before it starts... but let's not be arrogant. It will not accomplish a thing.

Uhh as for my opinion.... there are lots of different kinds of babyfurs. You don't have to adhere to some strict set of rules or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Uhh as for my opinion.... there are lots of different kinds of babyfurs. You don't have to adhere to some strict set of rules or anything like that.
    Yup, there are no rules to being a babyfur.
    If you don't want to be a part of it (whatever "it" is), you don't have to be, and others will respect that if you respect what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Brome Teks View Post
    Heck I don't do any of that stuff yet I consider myself a babyfur. It's really up to the person to decide whether or not they're babyfur.
    Similar to my reply above, you don't have to conform to a certain stereotype or mindset to be a babyfur, just an intrest in anthropomorphism and infantilism* (a fondness of small, cute, furry things helps too )

As for babyfur "tendencies", I have noticed that RP'ing and e-cuddling are indeed quite popular; however, I have noticed very little immaturity in the community** (of course, my definition of "immature behavior" is probably different from yours )

*In some cases even these are not needed, you just "are" a BF
    **except on FTT, which is definitely not the best example of the BF community

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    No offense here, just trying to stop something bad before it starts... but let's not be arrogant. It will not accomplish a thing.
    I'm just stating my opinion.

Okay, I'm not trying to attack your opinion or anything, but what did that accomplish? What did you hope to accomplish? You could have stated your opinion without insulting a bunch of people. Also, I mean no offense, but calling people attention whores isn't very mature.