Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mono

Default Mono

Ok, my doctor says I probably have Mono, fun. That means for the next month im going to be tired, weak, and all around feeling bad. I will probably be spending the next week in bed. Anyone have any tips to pass the time? I can't do anything physical because my spleen is swollen/enlarged because of the mono and can burst is it gets hit.

JDdl

watch some jeff Dunham videos on youtube he's very funny.

I live every day in my house im an expert at it (not by choice) Tv all the wonderful soap operas lap top computer for easy access video games might be too psychical but a great pass time rubix cube cell phone to keep up on social life, there really isnt a whole heck of a lot to do inside while in bed but you are probably gunna feel so awful that you will just wanna sleep. Hope all is well for you and hope you get well and everything goes smooth as possible

Thanks for the tips. I found my 2 Jeff Dunham cd's and are putting them on my ipod now, I'm probably going to listen to them and watch some tv. Oh, my mom just tried to reassure me everything was going to be ok, by saying that is i don't have mono (I'm having blood work tomorrow) then they probably will just remove my spleen I then had an argument with her about how anything that is called a "major organ" should stay in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminwolf View Post
    I then had an argument with her about how anything that is called a "major organ" should stay in my body.
    I agree, but it's better to give it the boot than let it kill you.

I almost caught Mono once. A friend was eating with us at a restaurant, and was double dipping in in some sauce we were all eating. She had no idea she had it, and when we found out we were all worried that we may have caught it. Fortunately we didn't...

The one good thing about it is It's a great weight loss program in you need to shed a few pounds.

Seriously, hope you get better soon!

Also, maybe watch some old movies like The Goonies, Weird Science, Short Circuit, and The Toy. These old movies from the 80's always make me smile, and laugh when I'm down or feeling sick.

Thanks for the tips. I hate being home sick, it bothers me to have the feeling that I'm not supposed to be doing anything. I'm kinda a workaholic sometimes.

Sucks to be sick. Depending on how you feel just vegging out to movies will probably be your best bet. If you dont have a NetFlix account this might be a good time to sign up for a month and just stream or have them start sending you movies to keep you occupied.

Take care and hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by paddedpants4me View Post
    Sucks to be sick. Depending on how you feel just vegging out to movies will probably be your best bet. If you dont have a NetFlix account this might be a good time to sign up for a month and just stream or have them start sending you movies to keep you occupied.

Take care and hope you feel better soon!
    Yes! I foregot I had a netflix. I'll be able to watch some movies later, I'm on the way to the do goes to get my blood drawn.

Ahhh, good old glandular fever

I've got recurring glandular fever, every winter I come down with it. I'm not sure why, something to do with my immune system being rubbish so my body can't get rid of it properly so it just lies dormant for a while until I get run down again.

The chances of your spleen actually bursting are really small, so be active when you can. I did the RNR fitness test with glandular fever and I'm still alive, so if you're feeling well enough to go for a wee walk then do it as much as possible. Get outside into the fresh air as much as possible, even if you aren't well enough to walk, go sit outside fora while for a change of scenary!

Got my blood work done, and I'm waiting for the results. At the moment I'm laying in bed, diapered, watching tv shows and movies on netflix. Thanks for all the tips and advice, if it wasn't for it, I would probably just be bored all day.