Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: told my mum im a furry

Default told my mum im a furry

hey,
    i told my mum im a furry and she seemed to accept it
    i told her about the fact i like to wear animal costumes and am hoping to go to a convention dressed as one such as a lion or a dog
    i explained what types of costumes i like and showed her some pictures
    she seemed to be okay with it, i told her i might soon have possibilities to make my own and she even suggested i try to make a profit out of it

Hey that's awesome

It's always cool to hear a success story!

It's really easy to make costumes, it's much cheaper than buying them and it also means you can make it just the way you like it

All you need is a good sewing machine, which you can borrow off someone if you don't have your own, or even hire them for a week at a time! Or you can sew it by hand, but it's a very time consuming and hard job!! The stitches will be less secure as well, so if you're planning on wearing it out you'd be better to use a machine!

When my mum and I were making my footies a few years ago to combat the freezing cold winters, (we made one for my neice as well, because she thought mine was so cool!!) we went to a local material/pattern shop and used the pattern for an adults cat costume, and just customised it to suit me!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Hey that's awesome

It's always cool to hear a success story!

It's really easy to make costumes, it's much cheaper than buying them and it also means you can make it just the way you like it

All you need is a good sewing machine, which you can borrow off someone if you don't have your own, or even hire them for a week at a time! Or you can sew it by hand, but it's a very time consuming and hard job!! The stitches will be less secure as well, so if you're planning on wearing it out you'd be better to use a machine!

When my mum and I were making my footies a few years ago to combat the freezing cold winters, (we made one for my neice as well, because she thought mine was so cool!!) we went to a local material/pattern shop and used the pattern for an adults cat costume, and just customised it to suit me!

yeah i was thinking of making my own because of the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Nice. Good you mom took it well.
    yeah i am glad she took it well and glad i can be open about my furry side

Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie View Post
    yeah i am glad she took it well and glad i can be open about my furry side
    Life can be so easily then.

It is nice when parents accept that one is a furry,
    I have heard of reports where parents have gone ape and threatened to have a guy fixed and then thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post
    It is nice when parents accept that one is a furry,
    I have heard of reports where parents have gone ape and threatened to have a guy fixed and then thrown out.
    wow thats really harsh :/
    yeah im glad my mum accepted it and took it so well

Ishav

Congratulations! Your really lucky to have such an accepting mother... and to have the courage to tell her. Mazel tov!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishav View Post
    Congratulations! Your really lucky to have such an accepting mother... and to have the courage to tell her. Mazel tov!
    thanks