Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some help figuring if friends are an AB couple.

Default Need some help figuring if friends are an AB couple.

Ok so these 2 online friends of mine had a public convo on facebook the other day like this:

(I'll call the guy Bob and her Caitlyn) *note he actually refers to her as Momy a lot.

Bob: karate kid was sweet
    Caitlyn: I hate u! ive been wanting to see that! >.<
    Bob: im sorry momy =( *gets teary eyed*
    Caitlyn: ‎*walks away pretending to be mad*
    Bob: ‎*curls up into a ball and starts crying im sorry momy*
    Caitlyn: *walks back and holds u tightly* baby i was joking *lays ur head on my chest and kisses ur forehead* its ok haha
    Bob: *wraps my arms around u* im sorry momy
    Caitlyn: Baby dont be sorry *puts my hands on ur cheeks and look at u* its ok really. i was only joking i dont hate u i love u u know that *kisses u softly*
    Bob: i know but im just a big cry baby
    Caitlyn: Well dont cry baby *smiles sweetly* i didnt mean it ok i promise
    Bob: ‎*sniffs* ok momy

Now, i'm not very informed on the AB roleplay thing, as i've been trying to drop the AB part of me completely and never did much RPing, but this seems like a shoddily done AB roleplay.

Countdown

If this was a one-time event, I wouldn't think much of it, but if they do this often, they may very well be an AB/DL couple. Since they're only online friends, couldn't you message one of them and ask?

crazykittensmile

It definitely sounds like some mommy-baby age-play, but that doesn't mean they are necessarilly an AB couple. They may have just been joking around, some couples will like the odd bit of meaningless roleplay just for the sake of it. My thinking is that if your friends were a real AB couple they would probably want to keep it to themselves, rather than display it on facebook. They might enjoy the mummy-baby role-play online, but that doesn't automatically mean they enjoy it in their real lives, or that they involve any AB paraphernalia like diapers & pacifiers in their games. Of course that's not to say they're definitely not an AB couple, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion based on one random conversation. Really even if they are an AB couple it is not really your place to be figuring it out, and I don't think anybody on here is going to be able to give you a conclusive yes or no answer as to whether they're an AB couple based on the information you've shared. I don't know how close you are to these friends, but unless you are a very good friend of theirs it's probably not appropriate for you to ask them about it either, and if they're not ABs mentioning it might give your own interests away, so if it were me I would just forget about it for now, at least until you have more information from which to make an assumption. I admit I would probably facebook stalk them in order to try and find out a bit more as well though! But just remember that their business is their business, and that their role-play could be completely non-AB-related, so don't get too carried away!

Thanks for the help guys.

Well he calls her Momy like a lot, even way more often so than her real name.

Like this one that came up yesterday:
    Caitlyn: Thinking about watching a scary movie. White Noise? i think so i love this movie
    Bob: I hate scary movies and u already know y momy
    Caitlyn I know baby but i would hold u tightly if we watched one together
    Bob: yea ^.^
    Caitlyn: ill keep u safe baby dont worrie ^.^
    Bob: ok i would probly burry my face in ur lap
    Bob: on the scary parts
    Caitlyn: Thats ok ^.^ ill never leave u alone during the movie
    Bob: thank u momy ^.^
    Caitlyn :‎^.^ u dont need to thank me baby i dont want u to get scared and i dont wanna leave u so ill always be there
    Bob: i love u so much momy
    Caitlyn: I love u so much to baby

Sorry for the bad spelling, that's exactly how they said it.

The AB thing certainly isn't impossible but it seems somehow more likely to me that they're just a nauseating couple.

This brings up a good question: How would you approach people you know socially if you suspect they are AB/DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The AB thing certainly isn't impossible but it seems somehow more likely to me that they're just a nauseating couple.
    Haha...I so agree....nauseating definitely! They've already shared too much on line, especially since Facebook is a place that a lot of "normal" people would go. I think if they were really trying to advertise that they were ABs, they would have said something like, "You know I'm so afraid of scary movies. You might have to change me."

I'm curious, do they spell mommy as momy, or just you? It made me wonder was it another language spelling?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha...I so agree....nauseating definitely! They've already shared too much on line, especially since Facebook is a place that a lot of "normal" people would go. I think if they were really trying to advertise that they were ABs, they would have said something like, "You know I'm so afraid of scary movies. You might have to change me."

I'm curious, do they spell mommy as momy, or just you? It made me wonder was it another language spelling?
    He actually says Momy.

And maybe they're trying to keep the AB-ness slightly discret as to only be picked up if another AB were to pick up on it, which they'd problly think is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by TsuKiyoMe View Post
    He actually says Momy.

And maybe they're trying to keep the AB-ness slightly discret as to only be picked up if another AB were to pick up on it, which they'd problly think is unlikely.
    Well, that's a good point. Yes, they may be trying to subtly hint to those who would know.
    Last edited by dogboy; 11-Oct-2010 at 03:06.

We need to develop an AB/DL codeword we can use in everyday conversations so we can find others IRL. Sorta like the French Resistance or something