Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any thickness comparison of Abena and dry 24/7?

Default any thickness comparison of Abena and dry 24/7?

i am thinking of purchasing a pack of dry 24/7 medium. anyone have a thickness comparison next to the abena x plus? And, are they still colored? I thought I read somewhere that they where all white now

BernardFx

>.< MERGE THE THREAD! That aside, Dry 24/7 is the thickest disposable diaper you can find anywhere.

Here, check the stats:

Diaper comparisons you can find useful. Click to check it out!

well that's good to know. Sorry, but I'm new to the whole forum thing. I don't even know how to merge a thread

Dry 24/7 are only slightly thicker, I cant really notice if you let them sit out for awhile and decompress. The big difference is that the 24/7 absorbes and swells waaaaay more! According to XP medical test, they swell from half a inch to 2 inches, and I totally believe that. My experience is that the Abena dosnt swell nowere near that much, only slightly (after they have decompressed)

The winner is the 24/7, but just remember the sizing issues between the two

BernardFx

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    well that's good to know. Sorry, but I'm new to the whole forum thing. I don't even know how to merge a thread
    Don't sweat it. Everybody has been there and done that. Plus, only mods can merge them :P

Quote Originally Posted by BernardFx View Post
    Don't sweat it. Everybody has been there and done that. Plus, only mods can merge them :P
    thing with the 24/7's that seems to get missed a lot - they're thicker in the middle third of the diaper. That chart for example has thickness as a single number.

Diapers don't tend to fit me properly most of the time. The medium abena x-plus, or any other brand that are supposed to fit me perfectly are always on the small side. I heard the 24/7's were sized slightly larger and that's exactly what I have been waiting for. Some people have had problems ordering directly from dry 24/7 and recieving the old design. Do you think I will have that problem if I order from xp medical?

I ordered from XP and had no problem with the delivery. (although Fed-ex came later than expected, not that bad) However, I've found several of the diapers to be somewhat defective, the tapes were folded oddly and at least 3 of them didn't have a waistband in the front.

I got my first package of dry 24/7's about two weeks ago, and am recently a convert from X-Plus.

I think Dry 24/7's fit me better (size medium and a 38 inch waist) are slightly thicker right off the bat, and hold ALOT more.

Just my two cents. =)