Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will *Bism be acceptable in society?

Unhappy When will *Bism be acceptable in society?

Looking at how far gay people have come in their struggles to be socially accepted in society and looking at the passing for the legalization of gay marriages in California, it makes me wonder "when will *Bism or DLism be socially acceptabl in society (under what circumstances, at what time?) a better question is if it will become acceptable at all just want to know your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by glassyeyedbb View Post
    Looking at how far gay people have come in their struggles to be socially accepted in society and looking at the passing for the legalization of gay marriages in California, it makes me wonder "when will *Bism or DLism be socially acceptabl in society (under what circumstances, at what time?) a better question is if it will become acceptable at all just want to know your opinion
    It's unlikely infantilism will ever be as socially accepted equivalent to homosexuality. Personally I think infantilism will never become considered as the norm it will always be mocked and laughed at as nothing more than a weird kink a minority of social outcasts practise, not that it matters, I don't need the acceptence of the masses to feel comfortable with my own oddities. I practise infantilism behind closed doors so the general public can keep there hypocritical peepers away. Not to mention this fetish and a sexual preference are entirely different matters. I don't understand why there are continually compared to one another, infantilism in the publics mentallity will never be regarded as anything like homosexuality thus they won't achieve the same level of consent.

If infantilism should be acceptable in society why not every other fetish? Just because you're involved in it doesn't mean it has any right to be more accepted than any other frowned upon fetish / lifestyle choice.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 29-May-2008 at 20:43.

i think they are compared to one another (in my opinion and reasoning) on a relatively rudimentary basis, being that i used them because the only thing they have in common is they are (or once were) socially unacceptable

Error404

To quote a friends signiture on another board

"Only when the last hypocrits are strangled with the intestines of the last priests." - Or at least something like that.

i think they are compared to one another (in my opinion and reasoning) on a relatively rudimentary basis, being that i used them because the only thing they have in common is they are (or once were) socially unacceptable
    Spitting in peoples faces at the dinner table is also socially unacceptable, think that will change one day as a social movement any time soon?

What kind of acceptance are you looking for? Diapers being accepted? Diapers are used for children and incontinence, if you're wearing them 'just cause you like it' no one's going to be thrilled by that. At the most you can expect people to reach the 'I just don't give a damn' stage.

The whole adult baby thing is something that will always exist at home behind closed doors. You can't BE an adult baby in the real world cause you need to have a job and do all that grown up stuff to SURVIVE in the real world and it won't be acceptable to be acting like a baby in that public moment of your life. Unless of course you manage some arrangement in your life where you don't have to work for your own existance or do anything for yourself... ...But people would often dislike you JUST for that.

EmeraldsAndLime

There are a lot more gay people than there are infantilists. The homosexuality issue was bound to be thrust into society as something we we all have to overcome. In comparison, the extreme lack of infantilists in this world does not make it such a pressing matter. As Naruto pointed out, it will probably never be on the same level of acceptance as homosexuality.

I personally wouldn't like to see it happen anyway. I don't need other people to accept my private matters to make me feel good and happy about myself. I'm quite comfortable as I am.

Public acceptance has no effect on my personal, private habits.

for everyone who is arguing the point that it is strictly personal i guess i should elaborate i myself was refering to people knowing about a *B or DL and not thinking they are freaks

for everyone who is arguing the point that it is strictly personal i guess i should elaborate i myself was refering to people knowing about a *B or DL and not thinking they are freaks
    Please elaborate on your elaboration.

If this topic is about the few people who are aware of infantilism and are understanding then what is there to discuss?

Those few will have little impact on societies stubborn view as a whole.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 29-May-2008 at 21:41.

i just love semi-controversial topics, everyone's opinion is just so interesting to me

Anyway back to the topic...
    sorry naruto, i'm not good at elaborating on elaborations and now i feel stupid, but everyone please continue to give your input