Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "strap on diaper or pull ups?"

Default "strap on diaper or pull ups?"

Last night my brother and I were (AGAIN) discussing how important it is that I tell my fiance that I am AB, and I am not sure how it came up, but he was asking which diapers I want to wear, or I may have said that I don't want to wear pull ups, I don't honestly recall. At any rate, he said "So you like that strap on kind?"

I said, "What the hell are strap on diapers? When I hear the phrase 'strap on' my mind goes to a WAY different uncomfortable place".

He said, "The kind with the tapes".

I said, "Oh. Yeah," feeling a bit embarrassed.

He said, "You like those because it's more like being a toddler or a baby huh? Like you need someone to take care of you?"

I know my brother wasn't making fun of me, and that he is asking because he is genuinely interested and supportive, but I was wishing the car had an ejector seat.

I personally prefer to tape then pull-up. I seem to get a more consistent fit that way, and can pretape up a few for quicker changing, no fussing with tapes or cussing because I missed the sweet spot and can't move it.

But then you can only change with loose jeans on, otherwise off have to come the shoes.

My preference for tape diapers over pull up diapers goes no deeper than the fact that it is more babyish.

Yeah, I'm a tape person. Pullups are okay, but just not my bottle of tea.

I think pull ups would be fun if doing some potty training role play.

I prefer taped diapers but pull ups are good for the extra security, it does depend on what situation the diaper is used for, weather its for over night, driving a car for a long distance or just for fun. AND where and when a change might be needed. At home anything goes, but if a change is needed in public and finding a hiding place is difficult, like in a park then taped diapers are easy to change.

I sure wish CVS would go to the two-tape "underwear" that came un-taped.

No reason not to have both

Pull ups are great for when your wearing a diaper but don't quite feel like fully 'utilizing' it. Trying to pull on and off a taped on diaper can sometimes cause a tear or just generally pull it out of shape.