Thread: Small warning about Abenas.

Loopygone

Default Small warning about Abenas.

Hey Guy and Gals.
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that there seems to be a bad batch of abena's floating about. Basicly they have lots of small holes in the plastic backing, a problem that crops up every now and then. Date code (on the side of the pack) of 27-08-10. Just beware, don't want anyone with wet pants. I sent 8 packs back, and recieved the exact same batch in return, so thats 16 packs altogether I've had with this issue. They were quick about offering replacements through :P.

Loopy.

I actually got a few like that out of a case of bambino awhile back. Looked like grains of sap did the damage. created pinhole leaks that would weep when pressed on. not fun.

Loopygone

Yea, I'm pretty sure thats the case here as well. Either they've been compressed to hard creating the holes via the sap crystals. Or the sap has worked its way against the sheet when it shouldn't be there.

Interesting... I have only used one of the 24/7s I got recently and it weeped in the crotch during flooding. I blamed it on the cat as I noticed it in the morning and the cat often jumpes on me while sleeping. I will have to inspect the next one carefully before puting it on.

Thanks for posting this Loopy. May I ask which line it was? I use the M3s (Extra), and have yet to notice any problems. I'll keep an eye out, but I' sure XP Medical is aware of it and would hopefully help me out should there be a problem with my next order. Thanks again .

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Interesting... I have only used one of the 24/7s I got recently and it weeped in the crotch during flooding. I blamed it on the cat as I noticed it in the morning and the cat often jumpes on me while sleeping. I will have to inspect the next one carefully before puting it on.
    I just got a whole pack of the 24/7 that were like that, they had tiny holes in them, with inconsistent plastic, and a lot of them the waistbands were missing.
    First time trying dry 24/7, but they didnt fit anyway, way to big

Thank you and I use M4s will check the dates.

i get the L-4 maxi and i only had 1 package like that with the little pin holes, but i just wore a pair of plastic pants with them as it was only one package it was no big deal. one time i got a package that the diaper padding was sticking out towards the bum and back of leg as they were pressed wrong but were still wearable. abena still is a better diaper than most.

just ordered a case from XPmedical here in the states so hopefully they are a different batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    LOL... been there. two ocicats that insist on both sleeping under the covers between my knees. I've learned to cover my diaper with my hands when they're crawling down under the top covers headed to their "spot". Keeping the nails trimmed isn't enough, one hind foot in the wrong place even with really well trimmed nails will still violate your diaper...

OR wear your jammies...