Thread: Failed Diaper Tapes

Post Failed Diaper Tapes

Hi all, I'm curious to ask has anyone been have failed diaper tapes lately? The Recent abenas I got are doing such. Just wonderingif anyone else been having this porblem.^^

For as many times as I have complained about their tapes on my one order of several years back, I guess I should say that having just given them another try, the one M4 I have tried out of the new pack performed perfectly well. I wonder which one of us is having the atypical experience?

yeah i wear m4 also and ive recently had a few of them where one of the tapes is stuck to the inside of the diaper, so im left with only using the white tape for that one, its rather annoying since i look at the blue tapes as being stronger and the white ones as being a good backup.

how are they failing? popping off? tape breaking where it connects at the base? entire tape including anchor pulling off the back wing?

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    yeah i wear m4 also and Ive recently had a few of them where one of the tapes is stuck to the inside of the diaper, so I'm left with only using the white tape for that one, its rather annoying since i look at the blue tapes as being stronger and the white ones as being a good backup.
    Ive had the same darn problem of the tapes sticking to the plastic shell of the diaper before i even un fold it. as for the problem of the tapes popping off i haven't seen that problem with the m4, TaviMunk do you use powder or some kind of oil or lotion when you change. getting any of those on the tapes or the outer shell of the diaper can and will cause the tapes to become pretty useless or you could just be positioning them improperly or too tight causing them to pop when you move around.

Nope! Not on anything I've been wearing actually!
    I keep a role of medical tape arounfld though, just in case I need to do diaper surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    Nope! Not on anything I've been wearing actually!
    I keep a role of medical tape around though, just in case I need to do diaper surgery.
    yea the cloth medical tape does wonders for broken tapes and stuff and blends in well with most diapers. if you find that a lot of the tapes are not working you could always call the company and they might send you a replacement pack.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    yeah i wear m4 also and ive recently had a few of them where one of the tapes is stuck to the inside of the diaper....
    That also frustrates me. I have had quite a few where the blue is half stuck to the padding so I am always in a quandry on using the blue or not... So far after using the "rub method" and not placing the tab on any part of the plastic backing on top of padding has meant the tapes stay all night.

i get abena L-4 diapers which there is 12 diapers in a pack and 3 packs in a case and i get 7 cases per month as i use 6 to 8 per day and i get 3 cases of the abena maxi largest diaper doubler pads which equals out the the amount of diapers i get. last month out of the 7 cases of diapers i had 3 packs that the tape tabs barely stuck and they would pop off with minor movement and there was no powder or lotion or diaper rash cream involved. i called the place i get them from and they asked for the numbers on the bag so they can track down when they were made and what line it was and time. and then they replaced them for me at no charge at all as they were defective. a few months before that i got 2 packs that were bad as the blue tape tabs were stuck to the diaper plastic and could not be removed. so they replaced these as well. so out of all those i get each month there were not really that many bad ones. and they did replace all those that were defective. over all i think the have pretty good quality control. try taking them back and state the problem and they should replace them. well this was my experience anyways.