Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disposable jumpsuits for diaper leak protection?

Default disposable jumpsuits for diaper leak protection?

Recently in my overnight diaper testing have tried using the heavy duty hooded disposable tyvek jumpsuits.

you would not think they are the most comfortable to wear while sleeping but they have a thin cloth inner layer and the outer paper/plastic like layer will hold water (I tested this before using them) and still allow your body to breath a little. you will have some condensation if left for an extended time with a lot of moisture or body persperation but no leaks that I have found.

be sure to tuck the hood in the back of your suit or remove it if you use a hooded one to protect from suffication risk.

in my opinion this is a good option for overnight diaper testing when matress protection is not much of an option and protection is needed.

wondering if anyone else has ever tried this and what your experience was while trying it?

It sounds like overkill. A pair of plastic pants should be good enough.

Hey more power to you; slight overkill -- if regular plastic pants aren't working as well go for the plastic bloomers -- longer but slightly more secure I've found. I'd try this idea though ... not sure I'd be able to sleep.

And where are we supposed to be getting these disposable jumpsuits from? I mean, where did you get them from? Not exactly the kind of thing you have lying around.

If you're really concerned about leakage, and plastic pants aren't your thing, there's always a good old fashioned bed liner for mattress protection. Heavy duty hooded disposable tyvek jumpsuits sound like they could get pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    And where are we supposed to be getting these disposable jumpsuits from? I mean, where did you get them from? Not exactly the kind of thing you have lying around.

If you're really concerned about leakage, and plastic pants aren't your thing, there's always a good old fashioned bed liner for mattress protection. Heavy duty hooded disposable tyvek jumpsuits sound like they could get pretty pricey.

You can get them online I know-- you can get a case of 25 for $74.99 and since you could reuse the same one over and over again for at least a couple of weeks it would be a good deal without breaking bank. Home Depot/Lowes sell painter coveralls which are similar but not plastic on the outside ... may sell something like this tyvek jumpsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by adidasvon View Post
    You can get them online I know-- you can get a case of 25 for $74.99 and since you could reuse the same one over and over again for at least a couple of weeks it would be a good deal without breaking bank. Home Depot/Lowes sell painter coveralls which are similar but not plastic on the outside ... may sell something like this tyvek jumpsuit.
    Yeesh. $75 for 25 seems a little steep, even if you can reuse them. I still prefer something I can wash, at any rate, and $15 for a pack of three plastic pants seems like a fine deal to me. But I'm sure the jumpsuit has better containment, and I guess if you happen to have them around anyway, it's pretty economical.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeesh. $75 for 25 seems a little steep, even if you can reuse them. I still prefer something I can wash, at any rate, and $15 for a pack of three plastic pants seems like a fine deal to me. But I'm sure the jumpsuit has better containment, and I guess if you happen to have them around anyway, it's pretty economical.
    I'm sure you can find them for cheaper else where; was just quoting one price I saw on a site. It is steep, I agree. I don't know ... like I said -- I'd try it but it seems uncomfortable ... plastic pants for me! : )

if you can get a hold of them, there are separate tyvek pants too. I have a pair from the last job I worked at, and they work great (they tend to leak if a puddle sits in them a while tho)

If i was paying I would probably go with plastic pants however, I have these 'cause they were free :P