Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most absorbent Pampers diaper brand?

Default What is the most absorbent Pampers diaper brand?

I have Pampers Cruisers and it holds about 2 1/2 pees
    I was curious if there are more that last a little more than that.

Also, I am not interested in buying adult sized diapers.
    Too big and ... don't have the good smell like baby ones
    (which are more discrete to buy in public people think I have fat kids lol )

crazykittensmile

Out of the kinds I've tried I find Pampers Baby-Dry to be the most absorbent, but I'm in the UK so they may be different here.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Out of the kinds I've tried I find Pampers Baby-Dry to be the most absorbent, but I'm in the UK so they may be different here.
    Well, I would get those, but I am a size 7 in pampers barely! (i have wide hips) even then the Velcro tapes are screaming help!

I think the only more absorbent pamper is going to either be the 'extra protection' pampers that are meant for nightime. But they only go up to a size 5, so it sounds like you won't be getting in them. You may want to try the easy ups, they are a training pant, but function like a diaper.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by NewGal View Post
    I have Pampers Cruisers and it holds about 2 1/2 pees
    I was curious if there are more that last a little more than that.

The absorbent core of Cruisers Size 6 and 7 are identical in shape, size and capacity. The difference between those sizes is that Size 7 are longer, designed for a better fit on taller toddlers. With the new Dry Max technology Cruisers Size 6 have about the same capacity as Extra Absorbent Baby Dry Size 5.

Many parents prefer to use the Baby Dry EA on babies and toddlers in bed because they have a higher percentage of fluff than do DryMax. In theory the extra fluff should deal better with floods, which do happen as toddlers start to be ready for toilet training and can hold back wetting.

If you are slender and short enough that Size 7 Cruisers stay in place on you consider yourself very fortunate.

I am petite, 5'3" 104 pounds with 29" hips. Very few adult diapers are small enough for me. However, I am too large for Size 6 or 7 Cruisers. I do use Cruisers Size 4 as my daytime slip-in disposable pads. I cut off the side flaps. I have absolutely no bladder control, so I wet in very frequent tiny dribbles, very much like a baby of 12 months.

Most modern disposables, including Cruisers and Baby-Dry from Size 4 down are designed for younger infants who dribble urine without flooding. This is perfect for SAP. I find for me Size 5 actually have less capacity.

My experience is that people pay no attention to women of any age buying baby disposables. Apparently they assume she is the babysitter, older sister, mother or in my case the granny. When I was 14 I only wore pinned gauze diapers to bed, but several times my favorite Aunt Betsy sent me into stores to buy Pampers for her babies. Because I was even shorter then most adults thought I was much younger, yet nobody even gave me a second look, with nothing but several packs of Pampers in a supermarket cart.
    Last edited by angelabauer; 05-Oct-2010 at 23:50. Reason: additional information

GoodJams1

Quote Originally Posted by NewGal View Post

I'm with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedKari View Post
    kinda curious about this too
    If you find out before me could you let me know?

i wear pampers ^v^
    cruisers size 6 fit fine and i find them very absorbant
    takes 3-5 wettings at times
    if you cant fit them why not just tape them together
    i did that when i only had size 4s