Since I have been perusing lots of downer post such as

1. my parents found out
2. i am uncomfortable with the way I am
3. I wish i wasn't like this
4. what do others think about me?

That's ok in all. We are all human and experience emotions. During a recent therapy visit, my doc suggested this book... of course which I already owned. The man who wrote it was none other than Richard Feynman---the preeminent physicist who worked on the atomic bomb, experimented with drugs, lived an eclectic lifestyle and was still revered by everyone in science and culture.

Its a good read, not scientific at all but it really explains the greatest principal of all. "What do you care what other people think?" Sure that's a pretty terse statement, but if your read into the book more, you'll understand his thinking. It's not designed to enforce any principals but it does give you a glimpse into the mind of a person coming to terms with his work on the atomic bomb, his feelings of guilt and the happiness he found in other things.

Amazon.com: What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character (9780393320923): Richard P. Feynman, Ralph Leighton: Books

or find it at your local library.

What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character By Richard P Feynman

Now, off the soapbox.