Thread: There should be some regional threads here

rupertgrint

Default There should be some regional threads here

we need some regional based thread s here, it's all very well saying:

where do you get your supplies, what do your friends think?

how much do pay, etc etc

But TBH every country is different and in bigger national, each state/province etc might be different, I know there is his UBER paranoia on this site if anyone says

hey, I'm X AND FROM Y and i'm ZZ years old, and I like THIS does anyone else?

But I find it hard on here to get chatting because I'll read a post and it'll be very american (usd as an example) and thus has little cultural relevance to me,

crazykittensmile

have you looked at the groups? There is a 'UK-DISC' group specifically for people from the UK, and possibly others for the UK or specific regions. Whilst there's not always a lot of discussion going on in the groups as they're smaller I'm sure if you started some relevant threads people would respond. Groups - ADISC.org

Peachy

The best idea is to prefix those threads with the continent/country you're asking about. I'm on a different forum discussing public transit in different city, and people have learned to prefix thread there with abbreviations for the city they're referring to. So people here could simply write: "[UK] What diaper fits me?" or "[USA] Where do I get Abriforms?"

I fear that regional threads will only attract people who post personal ads for people from their area. And we really don't want any of that on here.

rupertgrint

[QUOTE=Peachy;470805}
    I fear that regional threads will only attract people who post personal ads for people from their area. And we really don't want any of that on here.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can totally accept that, that is something you don't want on the boards, it will happen in the PM system I'm sure, or on IM clients, and might have started here.

I shall check out the "groups" suggestion, that might be what I mean, and I might have "missed" it ,