Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A possible cure to the problem of overnight flooding of a diaper.

Red face A possible cure to the problem of overnight flooding of a diaper.

I recently flooded my diaper which then leaked past my plastic pants and wet the bed. So last night I tried a different combination, this seems to be a success.
    So last night I put on the traditional diaper (taped, all in one) as usual, making sure that the tapes were as tight as possible without splitting, I then put on my velcro fastening (6 layer) terry toweling nappy and made sure the latter was fully covering the inner diaper, including the leg elastics and more importantly the waist. I then found a heavy duty pair of soft pvc pants with a thick waist elastic (about/nearly one inch) and adjusted the adjustable fully enclosed leg elastics to be tight, but not too tight. This combination makes a very absorbant diaper and it seems a leakproof one for me.
    The only down side was with all the layers and the thickness it was more difficult to walk and I found it arousing. I tried to ignore that and go to sleep. The bed is dry this morning and the nappy is soaked. I am happy

You may find that wearing such a thick nappy all night may add pressure to parts of your spine due to the posture you need to adopt to sleep comfortably. If you start getting back pain or worse back pain than this will be the cause. If you sleep on your stomach you will find you will arch your back while sleeping. On your side you will find one hip will twist. Keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ImWeasel View Post
    You may find that wearing such a thick nappy all night may add pressure to parts of your spine due to the posture you need to adopt to sleep comfortably. If you start getting back pain or worse back pain than this will be the cause. If you sleep on your stomach you will find you will arch your back while sleeping. On your side you will find one hip will twist. Keep this in mind.
    Thank you for that thought, I will keep it in mind. I must admit I never thought about that problem.
    *hugs*
    Last edited by Tiddles; 01-Oct-2010 at 19:24.

I don't worry about flooding...If it happens...Oh well!!!!
    That's what rubber sheets and bed covers are for...

Quote Originally Posted by dldandy View Post
    I don't worry about flooding...If it happens...Oh well!!!!
    That's what rubber sheets and bed covers are for...
    Well yeah, but washing cotton or flannelette sheets most days is a pain in the ass. I am often too tired after working, and making a meal to make the bed again. I have considered rubber sheets to lay on. *kinky* I am drying bed sheets now from a leak two nights ago.

Maybe a simple change can prevent or reduce your leaks. You didn't really give much detail on the circumstances... were you laying on your side, tummy, or back? Do you know where the leak came out?

It's been my experience that floods are very hard for guys to prevent when laying on their side, that leak out the top. (need to wear a diaper with a really fast acquisition time, high capacity, good coverage out into the front wings, and rides high to the belly button) The only time I've ever leaked on my back is when I didn't have the lower tapes tight around my legs (don't fit the lowers around your waist, fit them around your legs) and I got leaks just under my butt cheeks.

yea i know the feeling of leaking at night even though i had plastic pants on over a disposable, wearing a thin cloth piece over the disposable and under the plastic pants seems to be a working solution to leaks out the top if your a tummy sleeper, its definitely saved me many laundry runs and having to strip down my bed.

as far as having the rubber sheets even if you use them you still need to wash all of the other blankets as usually only the mattress is protected.

look for lined plastic pants, and most likely they will solve your problem. Regular PP do very little to actually contain a heavy leak, but cloth lined PP are made to contain a heavy leak.
    I dont use plastic pants or anything other then a disposable diaper and a disposable underpad (also a matress protector). Underpads word pretty good for catching any leaks, but the key is to get the largest underpads you can find (especially if you move around a lot), and if you have issues with the pads shifting around, a couple diaper pins, pining them to your sheet will hold them in place. If you look around online, you can get a case of a hundred underpads for $30-40 usd, so thats about three months worth.

I don't have a lot of leaks; maybe 10 times in the last year. I use Tranquility ATN's and have a mattress protector to catch the leaks that do happen. When leaks do happen it's always out of the top of the diaper. I guess an elastic band at the top of the diaper would work for me, but it happens so rarely I don't find it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    I don't have a lot of leaks; maybe 10 times in the last year. I use Tranquility ATN's and have a mattress protector to catch the leaks that do happen. When leaks do happen it's always out of the top of the diaper. I guess an elastic band at the top of the diaper would work for me, but it happens so rarely I don't find it necessary.
    underwear overtop of your diaper will creat a waist band that will help with that