Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diapers and summer?

Default diapers and summer?

what's is your opinions on the use of diapers during the hot summer months i mean, if you're outside alot i don't think it's advisable, so how have other people coped or not coped with this? Also for people who are indoors what do you do about the amount or slightly more revealing clothes during the summer and diapers? Just asking since this will be my first real summer in diapers

Darkfinn

I work in a warehouse with no air conditioning. I wear 24/7. It is a little warm... but really not so bad. I just wear some light weight baggy shorts over my diaper... change a little more often (b/c of the sweat)... and call it a day.

The diapers I use right now are pretty thick (Secure X-plus) so I might end up switching to a thinner (cooler) one for daytime use as the summer goes on... we'll see.

Darkfinn

Absolutely wonderful. Comfortable... highly absorbant... infinitely refastenable. Can't beat 'em for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Absolutely wonderful. Comfortable... highly absorbant... infinitely refastenable. Can't beat 'em for the price.

Exactly and well said, great diaper, I'm going to order more soon.

Darkfinn

I just got my second case in today...

EmeraldsAndLime

I just generally try to avoid wearing diapers through the hotter months. My skin doesn't take too well to the diapers themsevles, let alone sweat on top of that. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I just generally try to avoid wearing diapers through the hotter months. My skin doesn't take too well to the diapers themsevles, let alone sweat on top of that. >_>
    One word "powder". When I go out in public in the summer instead of one of the baby powders, I use one of the "Gold Bond" medicated powders instead. They have a different smell of course and I doubt anyone would think I have the powder on because of a diaper.

cpndl

It does get pretty sweaty. You could try some type of breathable diaper, although I'm not sure how great the absorbabcy is on those.