Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tena slip problem

Angry tena slip problem

Hi

My box of tena slip plus medium all seem to have a problem. All the nappies have hard patches inside - like cardboard. They are usually oval or like a squashed rectangle in shape.

Every nappy in my box (all 3 bags) have the problem; I'm just wondering if anyone else has a problem with hard patches. Their position varies per nappy but it is really annoying!

crazykittensmile

Where did you buy the nappies from? I think you should phone up/email the company and explain because that doesn't sound right - it could be a damaged batch. I once spilt some water down the side of my bed, and I had a couple of loose nappies under there (Abena, not Tena) and I think they must have gotten wet, and that the wetness then dried - they were left with odd hard patches in them, so perhaps there has been some water damage to the nappies. It does sound strange that the patches are all a similar shape, but if they are different places in the nappy it doesn't sound intentional, plus who would make hard patches in a nappy? I ordered some tena maxi last week and they were all fine, I don't think they'd have changed the design to add random hard patches so you may have gotten a damaged batch. Perhaps there was a problem with the glue they used or something that effected all the nappies made on a certain day or machine - I would definitely report it to the company so they can contact the manufacturer. You will hopefully get a refund or a free replacement.

agree with babyjess, sounds like they got wet during manufacture. defective, get them replaced.

They're Plus.

The patches seem at random - some are in the front, back, middle. They are about the same size - about 5 to 10 cm2. It does feel like glue to me to be honest so it's possibly a manufacturing defect. There are lumps in the hard patches, I have noticed. They are pretty small lumps; wart-sized lol.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by skalboi90 View Post
    They're Plus.

The patches seem at random - some are in the front, back, middle. They are about the same size - about 5 to 10 cm2. It does feel like glue to me to be honest so it's possibly a manufacturing defect. There are lumps in the hard patches, I have noticed. They are pretty small lumps; wart-sized lol.
    Definitely sounds like a manufacturing defect to me - as all 3 of your packs were affected the sellers probably have more packs effected so if you contact the people you bought them from to let them know and I expect they will send out a replacement for you.

I've had defective diapers from Abena and called the seller, XP Medical. I was asked to provide the serial number on the package; they checked with the manufacturer, and I got new diapers for free. If your suppliers are ethical they'll take care of you. Gary from XP Medical is ethical; I hope the person you dealt with is, too.

bambino had a period where their machine wasn't applying one of the four tapes occasionally. I got I think two of those in a case. And once recently really weird issue, left side of the back of one diaper had NO padding in it. Other than that, no defects here.

I had many defective Tena Slip Maxis from (made in Asia) where the European manufactured ones were still good. Kinda worrying if the ones available to the Uk are getting bad as well.

BTW I rang Tena and they sent out a postal bag for the faulties and replaced them with more product. I actually had to do this around 4-5 times as a lot of the product they sent me was also faulty (melt spots on the plastic, missing padding from the front etc.)

I was a loyal user for years and years until they cheaped out so badly but eventually had to change nappies after talking to the rep about the latest batch of faulty replacements where she had the gall to say to me that no one else has complained even though the plastic had huge melt spots allowing the liquid to just flow through.

I've had similar to this, small hard spots, but mine were the size of a small pea and there were several of them through the nappy. They were so small they never bothered me. These are made and shipped all over the place and stored at various warehouses before you get them so I put it down to high humidity at some point along the line causing fine clumping in the gel they put in the padding. But who knows what caused it.