Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joinin'

Default Joinin'

To be honest, i really havent done a lot of lurking here, but i've spent a lot of time among the online AB/DL community, and i've been told you guys are a lot of fun!

Anyways, just to get this awkward introduction out of the way... Im a junior in high school, a bit of a geek, and probably the shyest person you'll ever meet... I spend far too much time reading, watching anime, hanging about the internets and such... Most of the time, Im nice, if not a tad cynical or depressing =w=

Im a bit nervous about any interaction with other's in the AB/DL community, as i've had bad experiences in the past, as well as having been caught/found out by friends... Hopefully, ill be able to get to know some really cool people!

Hopeful,
    CheshireStray

Hola Cheshire. Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll like it here.

You said you like to read. I find that refreshing, considering 9/10 people around our age would answer something along the lines of "readings gay" when it comes to books.

What're your favorite books?

Quote Originally Posted by Higher Than Hope View Post

You said you like to read. I find that refreshing, considering 9/10 people around our age would answer something along the lines of "readings gay" when it comes to books.

Thanks. I also get pretty frustrated by people who instantly denounce print. Especially when a stack of novels is more than enough to keep me holed up reading for an entire weekend, and, say, their precious TV can barely do a couple hours for me u~u
    As for my favorites, i find that a much harder question than you'd think... It's kind of like other obsessions of mine, such as music, where the sheer volume makes it really tough to pick out a list, let alone one... XD
    As far as my tastes go, though, I read just about anything ranging from classic's (mostly poets, ^~^ Whitman<3) to somewhat embarrassingly indulgent Urban Fantasy stuff.
    Oh, and manga. My wallet cripplingly expensive side of the reading obsession T~T

Quote Originally Posted by Higher Than Hope View Post

I'd like to point out that it should be "reading's gay".

I enjoy reading, but like to stick to books I borrow from people because:
    A) Someone else likes it, and I like that person, so I'll probably like the book.
    B) I hate libraries. Who cares when I bring it back... sheesh. I can understand with the ones like The Lost Symbol when it first came out, but if I want to take my time reading 1984, they can go screw themselves.

Yay! I love reading!

That was a great intro, well done

I can understand the worry about being caught, but honestly, if you're careful when and where you go online it should be ok If you're still worried you can look around and I'm so sure somewhere there's a thread on clearing things off your computer

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireStray View Post
    Thanks. I also get pretty frustrated by people who instantly denounce print. Especially when a stack of novels is more than enough to keep me holed up reading for an entire weekend, and, say, their precious TV can barely do a couple hours for me u~u
    As for my favorites, i find that a much harder question than you'd think... It's kind of like other obsessions of mine, such as music, where the sheer volume makes it really tough to pick out a list, let alone one... XD
    As far as my tastes go, though, I read just about anything ranging from classic's (mostly poets, ^~^ Whitman<3) to somewhat embarrassingly indulgent Urban Fantasy stuff.
    Oh, and manga. My wallet cripplingly expensive side of the reading obsession T~T
    i enjoy reading too, though i have been reading less books lately... Oh well, i got the internet, and i share your views about TV.. i barely ever watch TV anymore, it's so boring with all the commercials every 15th minute, and the general stupidity of the shows...

Welcome to the site though. ^___^

Hahah, you jerk -.-

I feel your pain with libraries. Luckily the librarians at my school love me so I keep them just about as long as I want. And yeah, I'm reading 1984 for English class right now, and we're going through it way too quickly. It's not that we're going too fast for me to get everything, it's just a lot of shit to cram in too close together.

welcome... hope you emjoy it here... i enjoy reading... but only really emjoy reading true life books x