Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I tell my parents that I'm going to wear 24/7 since I still live at home or just do it?

Default Should I tell my parents that I'm going to wear 24/7 since I still live at home or just do it?

This is hard to do as most people my age are living on their own. I'm 19 as you know and still living at home. Should I just tell my parents I decide to 'try' 24/7 wearing for a week or two or just do it and bring it up if they say something? I really do wish to give 24/7 a try and have been wanting to for many, many years now. I am on the verge of finding a job and I can afford maybe a case of abena x-pluses a month. Should I just order them and try to hide it as long as I can or just come out with it.

My dad now, he's more accepting of it then my mom as he thinks it's something sexual, etc. My mom thinks I'm a pervert for it as she's found used diapers before. (nosey parents I know). What should I do? I really would like to try it at least for a week, maybe a month.

Also, is it possible to find a decent apartment for ~$400 a month that includes utilities, internet, etc. or am I pushing my luck with that? I live in Raleigh, NC just so you know.

I think it would be best to do it without telling them...If you told them, then it could prevent from getting diapers, and they could kick you out of the house...Especially since you are an adult...

Darkfinn

I would just go for it if you are going to. If you are gonna try it for a week or two then a case of Abris should be just fine.

A wise man once said... "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

I just need to find a time when they are out of the house to actually get the order and hide them, etc. You think double bagging them in trash bags and putting them in the bottom corner of my closet would do ok until I can get rid of them? I'm mainly worried about them noticing I'm wearing them, I mean I wear real baggy pants already, so x-pluses shouldn't be to hard to hide, but you know brothers and parents...

I wear in front of my parents a lot...And I have a younger sister...From what I know, they haven't noticed anything...You may just be a bit paranoid, but that's normal...

I think I am just paranoid. I mean I can wear out in public (under clothes of course) and not feel like everyone's looking at me, etc. I guess it's just a family thing.

I'd just start doing it, if you really want to - they'll figure it out when they notice you wearing all the time, or maybe they won't notice. But I see no reason to have an awkward convo if your parents have already made it clear they don't approve.

But if I were you, I think I'd save the money you'll spend on diapers and put it in savings instead. Because...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Also, is it possible to find a decent apartment for ~$400 a month that includes utilities, internet, etc. or am I pushing my luck with that? I live in Raleigh, NC just so you know.
    I don't know the market rent in that area, but I'd be surprised if there's any area left in the U.S. where you can find a 1-bedroom with utilities for that. You might be able to find a decent 2-br and get a roommate though. To give you an idea, my 1-bedroom in central Virginia costs me about $950 after rent, pet rent, electricity and cable TV and internet. The rent by itself is $750. I could probably find a dumpy efficiency in a not-so-great neighborhood in someone's basement for $500 before utilities.

Anyway, craigslist is a good place to start looking for apartments and getting an idea of prices.

I have posted on craigslist about looking an apartment/roommate. I got some weird people emailing me saying they need a roommate. I mean, I got 50-60 year olds contacting me that they had a spare room for me for dirt cheap. So, yea.

TWO LOVELY BEDROOM APARTMENT FOR RENT....IN.....GUAM MICRONESIA

here's a 2 bdr. appt for like $800 p/m, only draw back is that its in Guam, so you can move to a U.S. Colony and still keep your citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    TWO LOVELY BEDROOM APARTMENT FOR RENT....IN.....GUAM MICRONESIA

here's a 2 bdr. appt for like $800 p/m, only draw back is that its in Guam, so you can move to a U.S. Colony and still keep your citizenship.

That's was just no help at all...