Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation vs Xbox

Default Playstation vs Xbox

I have a feeling I am about to be BLASTED with information here, so please be kind. I have never - and I mean literally never - played video games before. However, I have seen some incredible scenery in games in stores. I also have an HDTV. So, I would like to start!

My question, which one should I get? Playstation or Xbox?

Also, I am really nonviolent and don't want any shooting/killing games. I am looking for amazing scenery, exploration, flying (without the shooting), etc...

Myworld

Get a PS3. Better exclusives, free online. better bang for your buck.

XBox 360 = Mass Effect, Fable, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and a large number of kickass JRPGs

PS3 = Heavy Rain, God of War, Infamous, Uncharted - and a Blu-Ray video player

If I had the dough, I'd spring for both. :-S

Quote Originally Posted by RebornKaworu View Post
    XBox 360 = Mass Effect, Fable, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and a large number of kickass JRPGs

PS3 = Heavy Rain, God of War, Infamous, Uncharted - and a Blu-Ray video player

If I had the dough, I'd spring for both. :-S

Quote Originally Posted by nonviolent
    abstaining (on principle) from the use of violence
    I think I understand why we need to take a literacy test as late as grade 10, now...

Since you say you've never really played games, I won't really bother with exclusives this and gameplay that.

If you want quality online and a social gaming experience: Xbox.
    If you want gorgeous eye-candy and more non-gaming features: PS3.

But you say this:
    [qoute=MyWorld08]I am looking for amazing scenery, exploration, flying (without the shooting), etc...[/qoute]

So you almost sound like you want an MMO A.K.A. You should invest in a computer :P
    Of course though if you get a console you should probably check out some RPG's, this genre usually has a lot of sandbox and free roam adventure elements these days, such as Fallout 3, The Fable games, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, etc. And these games usually have a lot of gorgeous scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Get a PS3. Better exclusives, free online. better bang for your buck.
    WRONG SIR!

Xbox has: Gears of War 1/2, Halo CE (For download) Wars/3/ODST/Reach, the better versions of Call of Duty, a WAY BIGGER online competitive, and laid back crowd, not to mention the weekly games put up there. Everything from Indi games to oldschool arcade is on the xbox. It's 8 bucks a month, or 60 a year, but I think the price is well worth it!

PS3 has the excellent (and very gorgeous) 3D platformer series, Ratchet & Clank. There's shooting, but it's really cartoony. There's also LittleBig Planet. However, flight simulators and exploration games are sorta more the domain of the PC.

From what you describe, anything will do (except the Wii). You want an MMO, RPG or Simulation type game. But I'd say get a decent computer over a console, then you can get everything and more.